Value of: Mitch Marner

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Right. Because only leafs fans have made silly proposals. Just look at this thread.

All I'm saying is that Cane fans would likely rather not see anymore Leafs/Canes proposals here ever after 4 months of back and forth over trading a dman to the Leafs. I'm not even sure that proposal was even from a Leafs fan but it was still terrible for the Canes, just like the majority of proposals were for a Canes dman to the Leafs were for the Canes.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Well on the off chance Marner doesn't sign with Leafs only thing I see him traded for is a RHD. Would a one for one deal for Drew Doughty work?

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Slavin not happening.
That’s right.
Slavin stays. He is the key component to the hurricanes nailing down 20th place for the 10th straight year.
Guys like Marner don’t get you much in a trade. They may be worth 11.5 million in salary on these boards but would not get you a solid dman from a crap team.
In all seriousness; Marner is worth an astronomical amount. Teams like the hurricanes do not have the assets to make a deal

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Slavin stays. He is the key component to the hurricanes nailing down 20th place for the 10th straight year.
Yep. Just like Marner has helped Toronto shit the bed in the playoffs the last couple years :help:

If you don’t think Slavin for Marner is a fair deal, fine, but I don’t understand the need to shit on Carolina in the process.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Ok, whoa, we don't have to be hostile, maybe it can't work with the Canes, Leafs don't have the same talents they do.

What about Lindholm? Marner would be a good base for a deal, not sure what the Leafs would have to add with Toronto's 1st round pick in LA though.

Lol good for a chuckle

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
That’s right.
Guys like Marner don’t get you much in a trade. They may be worth 11.5 million in salary on these boards but would not get you a solid dman from a crap team.
In all seriousness; Marner is worth an astronomical amount. Teams like the hurricanes do not have the assets to make a deal
Stay salty friend. It has to do with willingness to spend to even be a middle spending team. That isn’t going to be fixed with a trade of Pesce or Slavin.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I think the Leafs would be better off letting Marner leave via offer sheet. Then they can take those 4 1st round picks and use them as assets for trades or just obtaining more prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad