Mitch Marner vs Yevgeny Kuznetsov - Who would you take in a best-of-seven series?

Mitch Marner vs Yevgeny Kuznetsov - Who would you take in a best-of-seven series?

• Total voters

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
iu

VERSUS

iu

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Kuznetsov should've been the MVP last year as far as I'm concerned, but Marner is currently the better player. It's close, but I think present play holds more value than past play to me

Reactions: authentic

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Marner

Typically i'm all for track record/experience - especially for playoffs - but I feel with Kuznetsov he had the one fantastic playoff run, but that's it. I think that's hardly makes it the norm for him. If instead of him it was Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Ovi....known playoff producers, i'd pick experience over current performance. Not sure i want to do that here.

Marner is having a great season - quite a bit better than Kuznetsov. That's enough for me to pick him.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Both looked good in the playoffs last year but Kunetzov did it over a much bigger sample size and was much more impressive.

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Kuznetsov would and should have won the Conn in most years with that production

but Ovie isn't a bad choice for lifetime achievement

Kuzy

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
lol that the guy onpace for 74 pts get picked over the guy who is gonna get 100

also 51pts in 63 playoff games for kuz (0.81ppg)
13 in 13 for mitch (1.00ppg)

never change hf. the leafs bias is hilarious

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

The question is for a playoff series so pardon me for picking the Stanley cup winner over a first round exit

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

I think ur just playing victim for no reason. Not everything is a huge conspiracy. Did u just forget one guy had a Conn Smythe Performance last year?? Only Leafs fans can think this is an outrageous comparison.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Voted Marner

Typically i'm all for track record/experience - especially for playoffs - but I feel with Kuznetsov he had the one fantastic playoff run, but that's it. I think that's hardly makes it the norm for him. If instead of him it was Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Ovi....known playoff producers, i'd pick experience over current performance. Not sure i want to do that here.

Marner is having a great season - quite a bit better than Kuznetsov. That's enough for me to pick him.

This is not really a counter to your point but Ovie was hardly a known PO producer before 2018 too. He had 2009 and that was it.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
This is not really a counter to your point but Ovie was hardly a known PO producer before 2018 too. He had 2009 and that was it.
known by who?

It was only pointed out every year that Ovechkin's playoff production was always quality while his team fell apart around him.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
When youre Ovechkin, the standardis higher

No, when you're Ovechkin the standard was unreasonable.

Christ, you had/have Penguins fans reminding people that one man can only do so much, that should say all you need to know. Spend less time reading narratives and more time with the numbers, I guess, because the argument you're making is dumb.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
No, when you're Ovechkin the standard was unreasonable.

Christ, you had/have Penguins fans reminding people that one man can only do so much, that should say all you need to know. Spend less time reading narratives and more time with the numbers, I guess, because the argument you're making is dumb.

Uhh how can you know my argument is dumb when you dont even know what my standards were...

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Uhh how can you know my argument is dumb when you dont even know what my standards were...
If you're talking about peoples' reputations and what they're "known for", pretty sure you don't also get to set your own personal standards along the way. We don't sit around judging players according to your metrics, and leaning on "oh, it was a widely held belief" to justify a personal opinion is the weakest of sauce.

member 147413

I think ur just playing victim for no reason. Not everything is a huge conspiracy. Did u just forget one guy had a Conn Smythe Performance last year?? Only Leafs fans can think this is an outrageous comparison.
Only you would pin one fans ignorance on an entire fan base.

Grow up.

Kuz based on last year’s run. Could change to Marner very soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad