Mississippi Seawolves returning to ECHL based on trademark filings.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
That is definitely a Fed move. Like he said the the reply, no SPHL,ECHL or AHL team is going to give up a home date to play an exhibition in Biloxi
I wish whomever the principals are much greater momentum from those rumored exhibitions than what the FPHL Bloomington franchise gained from theirs in Jan. 2020. It wasn't just the pandemic that cooled those hockey embers. :oops:

So I got a late night response back from the "Bring Back Our Sea Wolves" fan page where all the press conference info has been coming from.
Untitled213_20210625010319.png

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... It will be interesting to see what happens because, as we know, the ECHL owns the sea wolves trademark.
Biloxi Pro Hockey announces Fan Fest and more
O-oooorrrr ... BPH raised a million dollars & made the ECHL owners an offer they couldn't refuse? Hell, the League might've thrown in their remaining stock of dusty & fading MS Sea Wolves vintage replica jerseys for THAT kinda payoff. :yashin:

Last edited:

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
O-oooorrrr ... BPH raised a million dollars & made the ECHL owners an offer they couldn't refuse? Hell, the League might've thrown in their remaining stock of dusty & fading MS Sea Wolves vintage replica jerseys for THAT kinda payoff. :yashin:

Soskin does sell a lot of guns, but I highly doubt they were able to buy the trademarks back from the ECHL.

The kid who designed the final (awful) Mississippi Surge logo runs the Biloxi pro hockey facebook page. He posted a "new" Sea Wolves logo a while back... it was not great. That's probably what this is.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... The kid who designed the final (awful) Mississippi Surge logo runs the Biloxi pro hockey facebook page. He posted a "new" Sea Wolves logo a while back... it was not great. That's probably what this is.
Hard to believe it could be worse than the original ...

Mississippi SeaWolves logo.gif

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
Thanks for the PTSD. I hated that thing so much.

And I'm not sure if anyone else has poked around the Biloxi Hockey website but at least on the Roster page (why does an organization to bring hockey back to a city have a roster page? lol) has a link to the FPHL website. The staff page lists Soskin as the owner.

It wouldn't surprise me if there proves to be enough interest, the SPHL considers sniping the market from the Fed like they did with Pelham.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... And I'm not sure if anyone else has poked around the Biloxi Hockey website but at least on the Roster page (why does an organization to bring hockey back to a city have a roster page? lol) has a link to the FPHL website. The staff page lists Soskin as the owner. ...
Barry has two dormant franchises from Illinois burning holes in his pocket.

Reactions: Atlantian

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Thanks for the PTSD. I hated that thing so much.

And I'm not sure if anyone else has poked around the Biloxi Hockey website but at least on the Roster page (why does an organization to bring hockey back to a city have a roster page? lol) has a link to the FPHL website. The staff page lists Soskin as the owner.

It wouldn't surprise me if there proves to be enough interest, the SPHL considers sniping the market from the Fed like they did with Pelham.

That was the Tim Kerr era logo, I think.

A friend of a friend who worked for the Sea Wolves and Surge basically said that Kerr hired fans who thought they could do better than the previous front office and would work for nothing. Hire clowns and you'll get a circus.

Reactions: Roadhog

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
That was the Tim Kerr era logo, I think.

A friend of a friend who worked for the Sea Wolves and Surge basically said that Kerr hired fans who thought they could do better than the previous front office and would work for nothing. Hire clowns and you'll get a circus.
Pretty much. He also cheaped out and hired a former member of the Blue Wahoos staff to work for the Ice Flyers then had them pulling double duty for a couple months in Pensacola and Biloxi. She eventually was like "this isn't what I signed up for." There was also the summer that only Jeff Bes was working the front office. Phone lines ringing on end a few times.

Reactions: Roadhog

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Pretty much. He also cheaped out and hired a former member of the Blue Wahoos staff to work for the Ice Flyers then had them pulling double duty for a couple months in Pensacola and Biloxi. She eventually was like "this isn't what I signed up for." There was also the summer that only Jeff Bes was working the front office. Phone lines ringing on end a few times.

And people wonder why it didn't work out!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad