Mississauga Steelheads 2022-23 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dog

May 16, 2014
Or moves to Cornwall. Mayor wants a team in Cornwall they tried to lure Hamilton

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The thread also has him saying the BDogs will be back in Hamilton once the renos are over, guess we'll see how that plays out. I would think if Brantford committed to a new arena the Bdogs would stay, but I have no idea what's in the cards regarding that.

I guess Cornwall could pull it off for the 24/25 season if Brantford can turn their rink around for the BDogs. Granted the BDogs HAD to move, they didn't choose, but I'd guess the Cornwall Rink could do until another arena is built, which I would assume the plan would include. For now though it seems to be on a year to year basis. Was hoping for another 4 year lease as this team should be a thrill to watch for awhile, always better in a seat at the arena then any arm chair.

Reactions: Roadhog

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Well I guess that draft pick at spot 7 is the end of Beglieri

Certainly didn't expect that, that's some serious draft capital spent on goal two years in a row. You don't spend those two choices on a BUG, wonder what gives down the line, in a year or two.

Reactions: Roadhog

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
The Del Monte trade seems like a low risk pickup for the Steelheads, he has a lot more to show offensively in this league if he can stay healthy. Wonder what the conditions are on the pick, and I hope the pick is a mid-rounder at best if the conditions are met.

As for the current goaltending situation, I believe Leenders is likely already worth at least a 2nd and probably more if he keeps up his current trajectory. When this team is ready to compete, they could offload one of the two goalies and not lose out on too much value

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
The Del Monte trade seems like a low risk pickup for the Steelheads, he has a lot more to show offensively in this league if he can stay healthy. Wonder what the conditions are on the pick, and I hope the pick is a mid-rounder at best if the conditions are met.

As for the current goaltending situation, I believe Leenders is likely already worth at least a 2nd and probably more if he keeps up his current trajectory. When this team is ready to compete, they could offload one of the two goalies and not lose out on too much value
he was an easy 1st round pick in his draft year to the O.

fell to 24th overall due to a small chance he'd go a route other than OHL. not sure what happened to his development. kids caught up I guess

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
missy.jpg

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
I agree, JR has always done well with getting the most of out his players. Really looking forward to seeing how he fills out the roster for this upcoming season.

Wondering when we'll have any updates on if the imports are showing up or not? There are already 7 returning d-men (not including any rookies) but would add a lot to the D depth and would fit strongly with the 06' core

Reactions: Tarantula

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
North Bay has just made a trade with Mississauga:
Mississauga gets a 6th in 2024, North Bay gets LW Brice Cooke.

Any Mississauga fans lurking in this thread - can you tell NB fans the type of player the Troops are getting in Cooke?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
North Bay has just made a trade with Mississauga:
Mississauga gets a 6th in 2024, North Bay gets LW Brice Cooke.

Any Mississauga fans lurking in this thread - can you tell NB fans the type of player the Troops are getting in Cooke?
Former IceDog who struggled do not know if he improved in Mississauga.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Talk on the Ottawa board about Beck possibly available as an OA and the Sauga being one of the interested parties, with a young tender being moved a part of the deal. I'm no GM but I see Leenders being a lure for a bigger fish going forward and a back fill move to deal with the net this year at some point.

Beck has been oft injured and is coming off shoulder surgery, and under a PTO with Carolina, might be an interesting topic. Let's face it, both drafted goalies in the first two rounds two years in a row pretty much screams trade at some point soon.

Reactions: BarberPole9

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Talk on the Ottawa board about Beck possibly available as an OA and the Sauga being one of the interested parties, with a young tender being moved a part of the deal. I'm no GM but I see Leenders being a lure for a bigger fish going forward and a back fill move to deal with the net this year at some point.

Beck has been oft injured and is coming off shoulder surgery, and under a PTO with Carolina, might be an interesting topic. Let's face it, both drafted goalies in the first two rounds two years in a row pretty much screams trade at some point soon.
Perhaps Missy could explore being on the other end of an Owen Beck type deal with Kitchener where Rehkopf and Ivankovic are the primaries?

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Does anyone know the status of Kai Schwindt? I had assumed he would be returning, but have also heard he may be playing pro in the Panthers system. Boudreau doesn't seem like a bad replacement if that's the case

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Does anyone know the status of Kai Schwindt? I had assumed he would be returning, but have also heard he may be playing pro in the Panthers system. Boudreau doesn't seem like a bad replacement if that's the case

No connections or knowledge but I think this may be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad