Mississauga Steelheads 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Who does Mississauga have for 1st year draft eligibles? Going to the game Saturday night

Zak Lavoie and Owen Beck were their first two picks in 2020 and I think both could be on the draft radar as 04's. Luca Del Bel Belluz and Chas Sharpe are late 03's and DBB has looked great in the preseason and in their first game but I am not sure how much of an NHL prospect he is

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Hoping for a better result tonight, the start of this season has had more odd bounces then usual league wide.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You outplayed us badly, a couple go in early for you and it's likely 7-1 the other way. Goaltending was the difference imo

Miss pressured, though with reckless abandon. Breakdowns led to prime opportunity for NB; on which they capitalized. If the difference in goaltending you refer to was the difference between the opposition G in NB & Kingston games, I’d agree. I would not fault Miss goalies (too much).

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
You outplayed us badly, a couple go in early for you and it's likely 7-1 the other way. Goaltending was the difference imo

Goaltending was a factor, Sauga had that forecheck going well to start and were looking good, but wound up down 2 fairly quickly. Looks like this season will have some twists and turns.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
That was a tough loss, around 100 seconds left and holding the Colts under 5 shots for two of the three periods. Nice effort after Fri night in North Bay.

Up next, the "traditional" home opener against Ottawa, should see a few in the net just because they're overdue.

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Anyone having trouble ordering tickets on the Ticketmaster site? I keep getting a message that says "looks like someone beat you to those seats" with plenty of seats showing available for both Friday and Sunday.

EDIT: Works fine now.

Last edited:

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Looks like I was close with my draft prospects predictions above. Both Beck and Lavoie with B Grades, and Del Bel Belluz and Veccia with C Grades. Looking forward to strong seasons from them!

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Home opener tonight, fun fact under the "It's Still Early" category. Sauga has yet to give up a PP goal.

Reactions: Roadhog

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
Ranger doesnt get the Net in the home opener? Message sent by the coach

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Have to stop Hardie tonight should be a good one.

Sauga has been running hot and cold when it comes to putting pucks in the net. They have been consistently outshooting their opponents though not necessarily having the best chances.

Should be good, guessing if we don't see Ranger tonight we will see him tomorrow at home against Hamilton.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
For a team with their main roster strength on the D corps they sure could tighten it up around their net. They get chasing the puck, sometimes three guys behind the goal line, leaving a free man out front uncontested. Will be interesting to see how they adjust as the year goes along.

I got a feeling we will be seeing mid game goalie changes along the lines of 17/18.

Del Mastro has been drafted into the NHL, has been named captain of the team and got his first OHL goal today. The cancelled conclusion of the 19/20 season and last year has sure given us some strange scenarios.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Rough weekend for the team after a great start on Friday night. A very dominant performance over the 67's with some solid goaltending mixed in.

Basran was not good on Sunday, but I believe the fault lies more in Richmond's hands than his. He should not have started the 3 in 3, Ranger needs a start mixed in there. Also I am not a fan of the Del Mastro/Holm pairing so far, they gave up a ton of chances when paired together, especially on Sunday

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Rough weekend for the team after a great start on Friday night. A very dominant performance over the 67's with some solid goaltending mixed in.

Basran was not good on Sunday, but I believe the fault lies more in Richmond's hands than his. He should not have started the 3 in 3, Ranger needs a start mixed in there. Also I am not a fan of the Del Mastro/Holm pairing so far, they gave up a ton of chances when paired together, especially on Sunday

Good points, agree with starting Ranger for the third game. If only his total game was as good as his glove hand. I also found the pairing of Del Mastro/Holm to be underwhelming in their own end. Both are NHL drafted. Still early though and probably working out some line and D combos.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Thought the play behind the blue line looked much better this weekend. Tough loss to Barrie, that's the second one this year after having a late lead. They had a good game against a three in three Hamilton team, looks like scoring will be at a premium and team defense and tending will be the factor most nights.

Like what I've seen from Beck, and I can see #27 Lavoie picking a stride up as the season continues.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Yeah Beck has certainly been a standout to me. He skates and plays hard, great in the faceoff dot and has some skill to boot. Lavoie looks like he is still getting adjusted to the league but I see the skill that made him a first round pick

On the other side, they need more from Prueter as their only OA forward and I have been frustrated watching Anselmini out there taking multiple minor penalties a game it seems while not contributing much offensively

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Good post SFB, agree with all the points. Lavoie has had a bit of a rough start but he has been looking better, he could turn into the most improved player as the season goes on.

Anselmini and Brand have been a couple guys that have not really impressed me.

Eight games in and they are not hitting the three goals a game mark despite hanging 7 in Kingston. Such a strange start to the season with last year not happening, so hopefully they start to get it together and mesh as the season goes along. Last time they had a season Hardie started to roll during the second half, could be like that around the league this year.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Looking better defensively, low shot total but doing better keeping the chances down. Anselmini scratched last night.

Got to think we will see a better Hamilton team Fri night, they were on a three in three last time they met. Getting a couple points last night was good, as it will likely be a tough weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad