Mississauga Steelheads 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Uberti suspended. Think that Collins and Callaghan injured. Healthy scratches are typically Chisholm, Forgione, Gordon as they're in and out of the line-up depending on need.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Uberti suspended. Think that Collins and Callaghan injured. Healthy scratches are typically Chisholm, Forgione, Gordon as they're in and out of the line-up depending on need.
The Uberti thing is weird, what'd he do? It happened in the THURS game, but he played the FRI game, then suspension gets announced as 1 game on SAT. Now its up to 2 games. And he didn't even get a penalty in the game where it happened

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
The Uberti thing is weird, what'd he do? It happened in the THURS game, but he played the FRI game, then suspension gets announced as 1 game on SAT. Now its up to 2 games. And he didn't even get a penalty in the game where it happened

I still don't know how they missed that penalty in the game. I've seen a lot less obvious slew foots called this year.

Very weird that he played another game first and then that they increased it to 2 games though.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
Collins,Uberti and Callaghan out of the line-up today didn’t help. Have noticed that Sharps has really improved his ability to get pucks on net (slap shot is more accurate). In contrast, Del Mastro is trying to do too much / lead offence and he keeps getting burned.
I’ve noticed the same thing in Del Mastro. I wonder if he’s been asked to do this. It’s not working.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I’ve noticed the same thing in Del Mastro. I wonder if he’s been asked to do this. It’s not working.

I've thought both him and Ole Holm have been under whelming at times this year, and more so lately. Defense is the strongest point with this team and they haven't always shown it lately.

Urbetti is back after this game and hoping Charging Charlie and Martin are back in the lineup. Expect Hamilton to bring everything they have, they have been on a roll against Sauga, 3 wins in a row and have taken control of the East Standings.

Reactions: mtshapcott

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
For Del Mastro the issue could be guidance from his agent. Stay at home defenders aren’t as coveted as two-way, so could be a tactic to increase his likelihood of signing an ELC with Chicago.

Personally, I think he’s better off focusing on his core strength as a stay at home D.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Hope they can pick up back to back wins against the Petes. Nice to finally see a relatively healthy lineup again with Collins on the top line, and Uberti centring the third line to hopefully spread out the scoring depth

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Solid win by the boys, thought they controlled the majority of the game and deserved the win. Great to see the 4th line step up, specifically Dodig had a great game with his physicality directly leading to the first goal

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Agree with both posts above, however the number of two on ones they yield is concerning. Nice to get some points back to back though, especially with Kingston and NB rolling into town this weekend.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Looking more and more like a first round exit for the fish. I think the team peaked early.

I remember a wise coach once telling me that you don’t need to win the regular season to win the championship, and that you can burn your team out trying to pile up the wins in the regular season while losing focus on what matters — going deep.

All speculation on my part as I just surf a desk for a living. Anyway, I hope JR and the boys prove me wrong.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think the steal heads played great and above expectations in the first half. The team could be better next season wth the only real losses to graduation being imports and Hardie possibly.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I think the steal heads played great and above expectations in the first half. The team could be better next season wth the only real losses to graduation being imports and Hardie possibly.

Hardie would be a high profile OA if he returns, I still think he gets a contract somewhere, perhaps over seas.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Looking more and more like a first round exit for the fish. I think the team peaked early.

They could lose home ice in the first round at this point, but with the schedule being in conference Barrie will not win every game in hand as they will be facing some of those games against Ham, Kingston and NBay.
The scoring has dried up which isn't going to bode well going forward. On the other hand, they have been playing playoff hockey for most of the season.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
They could lose home ice in the first round at this point, but with the schedule being in conference Barrie will not win every game in hand as they will be facing some of those games against Ham, Kingston and NBay.
The scoring has dried up which isn't going to bode well going forward. On the other hand, they have been playing playoff hockey for most of the season.
Just what I was going to say as well. Main thing in their favour is that they have been playing playoff style hockey all season long.

It would be amazing if they could finish 2nd in the conference, but with North Bay's lead and how well they've been playing lately so I'm not expecting it. Finishing 4th is probably the best they can do at this point

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Not the prettiest win. Nice to see Veccia playing so well.

Question for the brighter hockey minds on this forum - why the hell did they sign Binnie? He looks like he would struggle playing U18.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Some animosity between the two teams, quite the penalty parade by the Steelheads. Will be interesting to see if Del Mastro gets a couple.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Was it just me or is was that the worst display of officiating this season at Paramount centre?

It's been shakier this season then usual I'd say, however the refs always have a target on their back. The PK was a complete let down at the end of the game, that kind of a collapse just can't happen. Not looking good going into the playoffs, hope they get it turned around but the last two months suggest otherwise.

They have most of the week off before finishing against Osh on Friday, hopefully they get some good practices in and regroup.

Tyler8525

May 16, 2011
Had season tickets for steelheads for a couple years until 2018 when I moved a few hours away... checked ticket Master for playoffs and saw almost no tickets sold for the first playoff game albeit its still a few days away. Has attendance gone down even further. Going to drive in for game 1 I think hope It turns out to be a decent atmosphere

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Had season tickets for steelheads for a couple years until 2018 when I moved a few hours away... checked ticket Master for playoffs and saw almost no tickets sold for the first playoff game albeit its still a few days away. Has attendance gone down even further. Going to drive in for game 1 I think hope It turns out to be a decent atmosphere
Attendance is very low for the Steelheads. I doubt the atmosphere will be what you would expect for playoff hockey. Barrie will have a better atmosphere, given their larger and more supportive fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad