Mississauga Steelheads 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
Where else does he go? He's the incumbant next season and I doubt the Trout swing any deals for a goalie to upsurp him and there isn't anyone in the pipeline. He backed up a solid Ingham his rookie season and while had some moments when Ingham was ill, he took a step back his sophomore year and Edmons deservedly so, had the keys to the crease. With the cancelled season he was an unknown going into this year and while playing well I would have chosen Basran as well to start the PO series, and Basran hasn't choked regardless of his leash length. Both goalies were leading the league for a good hunk thanks to the defence. He has not been drafted and I don't see a contract offer coming his way this offseason, his best bet is here next year by my modest estimation.

You posted here that he would be starting by Xmas his rookie year (2018) despite Ingham returning after being drafted by LA and attending their camp and have posted on other threads about training him and possible family connections and have never posted here about anything else Sauga related. Feel free to post here to your hearts content but I just think it would be a good idea that others know how much salt they need to take your posts with as we have some newer posters here.

BTW, I'm a fan of Ranger and hope he is back next fall, and I apologize if I sound harsh, just felt a fair rebuttal would be appropriate. Cheers!
great post and fair. I like Ranger and from the looks of it his teammates love him. He doesn't look unhappy at all and i think it will be his team next year.

I do find it curious that Missy drafted 3 goaltenders in the draft though....including the first goalie taken (Leenders in round 2) but i expect he will be the apprentice to Ranger next year and possibly starter as a 17 year old (although i confess i know nothing about him).

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
If you draft a tender in the second round then you have immediate plans for him. He should be on the roster next year and this would seem to line up with Ranger coming back as a OA. Of course there could be something else about to happen but I doubt the Trout will spend any assets, I think Ranger projects well for next year. As far as the other G picks it never hurts to have some guys donning the pillows going forward, we've seen a couple teams struggle with G depth this year.

Reactions: mtshapcott

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Where else does he go? He's the incumbant next season and I doubt the Trout swing any deals for a goalie to upsurp him and there isn't anyone in the pipeline. He backed up a solid Ingham his rookie season and while had some moments when Ingham was ill, he took a step back his sophomore year and Edmons deservedly so, had the keys to the crease. With the cancelled season he was an unknown going into this year and while playing well I would have chosen Basran as well to start the PO series, and Basran hasn't choked regardless of his leash length. Both goalies were leading the league for a good hunk thanks to the defence. He has not been drafted and I don't see a contract offer coming his way this offseason, his best bet is here next year by my modest estimation.

You posted here that he would be starting by Xmas his rookie year (2018) despite Ingham returning after being drafted by LA and attending their camp and have posted on other threads about training him and possible family connections and have never posted here about anything else Sauga related. Feel free to post here to your hearts content but I just think it would be a good idea that others know how much salt they need to take your posts with as we have some newer posters here.

BTW, I'm a fan of Ranger and hope he is back next fall, and I apologize if I sound harsh, just felt a fair rebuttal would be appropriate. Cheers!

the guy is a friend of the family, perhaps even the dad, i would ignore the post to be fair

Reactions: Roadhog

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
I guess I have to eat my words. I didn't think the team had the ability to make it past Barrie.

That said, I think we can all agree that while it will be fun to see the Fish vs. the Dogs, the Dogs are gonna take the second round.
i also though Barrie would win the series,,,but Guzda turned out to be human after all.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
This is going to be a short series. Predict 0 in 4.

Yes, it will be short but it wouldn't surprise me to see them avoid being swept. Bulldogs have a deep roster, they were my pick for the Robertson before the playoffs began but I could see them stubbing a toe and the Trout taking one.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Bulldogs are a great team and Staios went all-in with the additions of McTavish and Xhekaj. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the Memorial Cup.

Steelheads came close to taking a game yesterday. Not convinced they’ll get another chance or make the effort. Team knows this isn’t their round to take.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough one, had a few give a ways gifted to them but couldn't score. Ranger did look good, hoping he does return next year as a OA. Looks like he will be back in the cage Fri, Basran was seen on crutches, hard to think he sees the ice again with the way this series is going.

I was hoping they could avoid a sweep and make it briefly a series with a win yesterday, but Hamilton is a deep team.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
Tough one, had a few give a ways gifted to them but couldn't score. Ranger did look good, hoping he does return next year as a OA. Looks like he will be back in the cage Fri, Basran was seen on crutches, hard to think he sees the ice again with the way this series is going.

I was hoping they could avoid a sweep and make it briefly a series with a win yesterday, but Hamilton is a deep team.
I wonder if Basran will get 1st star tonight - despite not playing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad