Miscellaneous Playoff discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Dallas has too much cake invested in their goaltending.

The Hickey hit gave me goose bumps, I absolutely loved it and that type of physical hockey in general.

I dislike Letang but feel he got railroaded, pretty much the same with Schenn as I feel Wilson on Amac was worse. During the regular season still can't believe that Subban got off on his chicken wing to Giroux from the DoPS if the playoffs are the barometer for player discipline.

Letang got suspended because they let him get away with the slash to the neck last series much like Schenn got suspended because they let him get away with the cross check to the knee. Unless it is completely without explanation like the Orpik hit, I think they are giving most guys one freeby except if you are a no name 4th line player like PEB who pretty much got suspended because game 3 deteriorated and someone had to take the fall.

No idea how Tom Wilson gets nothing ever.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Loving Washington get a taste of their own medicine. Cheap shots abound and the only team getting away with more than the Caps are the Pens

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
So the coyotes just hired a 26 year old analytics expert to be their GM. I'm all for breaking up the boys club mentality, but this just screams of Tippett's runner boy to me.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So the coyotes just hired a 26 year old analytics expert to be their GM. I'm all for breaking up the boys club mentality, but this just screams of Tippett's runner boy to me.

Seems like what's happening in baseball now a days. Young analytics guys get named the GM but in reality they're not really running the show.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It must be nice to have a fourth line with some modicum of scoring ability. NYI and Tampa last night. The Caps tonight.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
What a backhand goal by Beagle. He couldn't do that again if he tried all day.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

How can you be an analytics expert at 26? You may know a lot about analytics but I'm not sure that alone qualifies you to be a GM, and at 26 I'm not sure what your background includes that could bridge that gap. What else has this kid done? Has he worked for AZ in another role?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
How can you be an analytics expert at 26? You may know a lot about analytics but I'm not sure that alone qualifies you to be a GM, and at 26 I'm not sure what your background includes that could bridge that gap. What else has this kid done? Has he worked for AZ in another role?

Seriously, I mean this guy is what 5 years from college? Now he basically runs an NHL franchise?

How do other GMs call this guy to make deals?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Well, one would assume it's because he knows a lot about hockey analytics. He did start his own company for it.

I don't think that alone qualifies him for the position. That's why I said it's probably just a position to be Tippett's lackey.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Well, one would assume it's because he knows a lot about hockey analytics. He did start his own company for it.

I don't think that alone qualifies him for the position. That's why I said it's probably just a position to be Tippett's lackey.

Well I think the days of GM's being the a dominate single voice are over. It's more of a collaborative effort between the gm, coach, salary cap guy, prospects coordinator, analytics department etc. Its no longer just about acquiring talent and building a team in the salary cap world since every dollar spent on one position is a dollar lost at another.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
The Capitals look fatigued. Our series with them took a lot out of them no matter what anyone says. It was an all out war and it looks as if it affected them.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
They're still dominating. But their Vezina candidate goalie should not be outplayed by a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad