Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXIV: Start of Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Anyone see the third in Caps/Preds game? Wild ride and a lot of fun to watch. I like the way Nashville plays, nice puck possession and movement. Pedal to the metal constantly.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe when you pay players for offense they decide defense is an afterthought?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I like how the NHL has adopted the grammar of the Toronto Raptors. :help:
they-dont-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do.jpg

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Rasmus Sandin has the 3rd highest xGF% on the Leafs this game. Hasn’t been on ice for a goal against when they’ve given up 7. Received 11 minutes.

Feels like home.

Leafs fans have completely turned on Marner and most want Babcock fired. It'll be hilarious if Hakstol gets the job midseason.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Two solid but nothing special SHL seasons, then he tears up the SHL at age 22, the AHL at 23 and off to a good start at 24.
Just goes to show you shouldn't be quick to jump to conclusions on young prospects.
Some are just late bloomers.

Weird. You seemed awfully intent on writing off NAK before this year even started that I know of for sure, and I'm fairly certain ( but dont care to check) last year as well. Yet, hes younger than this guy but cant be a late bloomer.

Maybe sweeping generalizations just aren't a good idea?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Weird. You seemed awfully intent on writing off NAK before this year even started that I know of for sure, and I'm fairly certain ( but dont care to check) last year as well. Yet, hes younger than this guy but cant be a late bloomer.

Maybe sweeping generalizations just aren't a good idea?

I’m not sure NAK is more than a 4th liner, but it’s the same song and dance about Kalynuk, if ever there was a possible late bloomer.

When he talks about not being hasty in writing off prospects or late bloomers, what he really means is those prospects people don’t like here. Like Adam Ginning. He might just be a late bloomer now.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I’m not sure NAK is more than a 4th liner, but it’s the same song and dance about Kalynuk, if ever there was a possible late bloomer.

When he talks about not being hasty in writing off prospects or late bloomers, what he really means is those prospects people don’t like here. Like Adam Ginning. He might just be a late bloomer now.

Oh, just you wait for the "defenseman take longer to develop, and especially defensive d men" argument.

Agreed on NAK though. Im not sure there's much upside left either. But the hypocrisy just needed to be called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad