Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXIV: Start of Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'd agree if both players were getting legit 1C usage, but it looks like Couturier's usage has been lowered (especially at even strength) so that Hayes and Laughton (!) can have theirs boosted.

For example, last game (a game where we never had the lead):

e71e64dbf57e6943c802630baec4e068.png

And overall for the year:

7d28620f83a61e64a3f2daa54f8e73c2.png

They're just too close.
Well, we'll see. It's only been 3 games. Last season Couturier had a slow start as well. Only 3 points in his first 10 games.
So far I'm not worried about his minutes or his production.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I'd agree if both players were getting legit 1C usage, but it looks like Couturier's usage has been lowered (especially at even strength) so that Hayes and Laughton (!) can have theirs boosted.

For example, last game (a game where we never had the lead):

And overall for the year:

They're just too close.

This is a minuscule sample size, please don't freak about single games. No, I'm not saying everything's going to be alright and don't criticize anything until we've seen 289 games or whatever. But we're in the feeling-out phase AND the team has the flu (and we don't know who has it the worst) -- don't even look at the box scores until we're ten games in. For your own sanity.

On an unrelated note, Couts is going to ask for 10M+ on his next contract and I am going to support him for what this organization's done to him! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->