Miscellaneous NHL Talk -- XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
All of these awards are jokes and on top of that the award show is some of the most cringeworthy television all year.

Not watching it this year, never watching it again either.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Devan Dubnyk winning the Masterton is kind of diminishing to the award IMO.

Going to be funny seeing the write-up of that amongst the other winners:

Overcame the traumatic event of being waived.

Letang or Timonen should have got it really. (I know Kimmo was not put up for it.)

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
How about they work on improving the game rather than focusing so god damn much on the cover every year. Can't wait to see how all the 'new' features are just features that used to be in the game and were taken out.

Blooger Tron

Apr 21, 2015
Planet Vegeta
How about they work on improving the game rather than focusing so god damn much on the cover every year. Can't wait to see how all the 'new' features are just features that used to be in the game and were taken out.

Well the game is still going to be terrible. Just a slightly better/more finished version of 15.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well the game is still going to be terrible. Just a slightly better/more finished version of 15.

Just go here:

http://nhl04rebuilt.com/index.php?act=idx

If you want a good, realistic hockey game (for free) with as much leeway to do pretty much what you want with it. Get a decent PC controller and away you go.

I have not played it since last seasons version, but it was quite a lot of fun once you master it, a lot harder than the NHL games on console but more rewarding and more realistic once you sort the settings.

There are ofc some bugs but in general it runs great, watch some youtube vids of it if unsure!

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Just go here:

If you want a good, realistic hockey game (for free) with as much leeway to do pretty much what you want with it. Get a decent PC controller and away you go.

I have not played it since last seasons version, but it was quite a lot of fun once you master it, a lot harder than the NHL games on console but more rewarding and more realistic once you sort the settings.

There are ofc some bugs but in general it runs great, watch some youtube vids of it if unsure!

The bolded is important. That game is hell to try and play on a keyboard.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Voracek voted to the 1st all star team:

Ovechkin -- Tavares -- Voracek
Karlsson -- Subban
Price

More of the usual hilarity from voters: (my fave ever was Giroux centring himself on the 3rd AS team in 2011-12...)

Stamkos came 4th in AS voting for C this season.
One writer voted Benn 1st place RW...
One writer voted Seguin 1st place RW...
Hudler got votes at all three positions...
Foligno got votes at LW and RW...
D. Sedin got votes at LW and RW...

Wheeler, Vrbata, Stone, Bergeron, Backstrom and Stamkos got 1st team AS votes.

Stralman, Burns, Ekblad, Leddy and Byfuglien got 1st team All star votes.

Even though he got no Vezina votes Mason got 5 votes in the All Star teams, so was 6th amongst all goalies in All Star voting.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They need to fix the positions as well, give the media a ballot with names & the main position they play attached to it.

I believe it was Ovechkin that there was a problem with a couple years ago, some were voting him in as RW & others were voting him in as a LW which screwed the voting up.

Blooger Tron

Apr 21, 2015
Planet Vegeta
Just go here:

The bolded is important. That game is hell to try and play on a keyboard.

Thanks boys! I will definitely check this game out with my buddy real soon. I will still buy the new NHL game just for EASHL. I love playing that game mode too much not to buy it.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
They need to fix the positions as well, give the media a ballot with names & the main position they play attached to it.

I believe it was Ovechkin that there was a problem with a couple years ago, some were voting him in as RW & others were voting him in as a LW which screwed the voting up.

Yep, I mean, the Ovechkin thing is kind of understandable, as he played both and was historically a LW.

But whoever voted for Benn, Sedin, Foligno and Seguin at RW, or the guys who voted Giroux at RW a few years back so the 3rd AS team ended up with Giroux at C and RW, when he had not played a lick of RW for 2 1/2 seasons, deserve to be stripped of their vote.

Kind of like the UK cleaning up the house of Lords a few years back by getting rid of all the old demented lunatics who were there as their great-great-great-great-great grandfather stole some land while someone else was away fighting a war. If you don't know what position the Art Ross winner plays you don't ever get to vote again...

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Travis Hughes (writer for Broad Street Hockey) got to vote for the NHL Awards this year. He is one of the people who voted for Thornton in 3rd place for the Selke.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Mason not finishing well in Vezina voting is stupid, but not as stupid as Letang or Timonen not winning over Dubnyk was bad. Give Cooke the Lady Byng while you're at it.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So does basically the Norris trophy just go to the d-man with the most points?

I'm not going to pretend to be a Karlsson expert, but I find it hard he's the best DEFENSEMAN in the NHL. He is the best OFFENSIVE DEFENSEMAN, but game on the line, has to shut down the oppositions ABSOLUTE best players, can he do it?

I'm not going to go by +/- to prove who's a great defender, but there has to be something, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad