Miscellaneous NHL Talk -- XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Nike just entered an 8 year deal with the NBA regarding exclusive apparel and jersey rights. The NHL's contract with Reebok expires after 2016/17. It could mean something with Nike spending their money on the NBA but it might not. They were rumored to be heavy players in bidding for the NHL.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
was Pierre correct in saying Vasilevskiy's last World Junior game was in Ufa versus the United States? Who played in goal the following year when Russia lost to Sweden in the semis? I was thinking Vasilevskiy did.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
was Pierre correct in saying Vasilevskiy's last World Junior game was in Ufa versus the United States? Who played in goal the following year when Russia lost to Sweden in the semis? I was thinking Vasilevskiy did.

He played in Malmo. Pierre was off on that one.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
He played in Malmo. Pierre was off on that one.

Oh my. I just out-Pierre'd, Pierre. I'm not sure if I'm proud or embarrassed.

Edit: Just thought of one other thing. USA played Sweden in gold medal game, not Russia. Pierre is out to lunch on this one.

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Why does NHL.com allow users to stream the stanley cup finals from nbcsports.com but then i need to enter a cable subscription. If I have cable TV available why the eff would i want to stream it?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Vasilevsky looks overwhelmed by the moment right now. He hasn't controlled a single rebound yet, and it led pretty much directly to the first goal.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Why does NHL.com allow users to stream the stanley cup finals from nbcsports.com but then i need to enter a cable subscription. If I have cable TV available why the eff would i want to stream it?

In case you're somewhere other than your house...

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Said it last game, how is TVR and option. Every shift he has taken has been a nightmare for Hawks

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Glendale seems to be the only group being realistic about this. The NHL just simply doesn't have place in Arizona.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
In case you're somewhere other than your house...

I see the logic in that but I am really baffled that the game isn't being played on just normal NBC out here. The NHL is really growing the game in Southern Cal that way. :shakehead

I just don't know why you wouldn't want to let every viewer have access to the stanley cup final regardless whether you have a tv subscription since it is their biggest games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad