Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXVII - Playoffs, You Say

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The help that Montreal gets from the officiating is disgusting. I've no dog in the fight between Montreal and Ottawa but it's awful the way they get most every call and non call. Among other brutal calls, an obvious hand pass led to the game winner tonight. Terrible.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seems like depending on which network you're watching depends on whether or not it was a hand pass.

I thought it hit Karlsson too, which would that not negate the hand pass?

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
The help that Montreal gets from the officiating is disgusting. I've no dog in the fight between Montreal and Ottawa but it's awful the way they get most every call and non call. Among other brutal calls, an obvious hand pass led to the game winner tonight. Terrible.

It wasn't really obvious. You can't even really tell from the slowed down replay whether it went off the glove or the stantion. Plus it may have glanced off of Karlsson after, which would negate a hand pass anyway. The refs looked at it afterword and could not conclude. It's something that they even looked at the play to begin with.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
So the Habs have won 3 one goal games in the first round and their fans on the main boards are comparing them to the Kings and Hawks for their resiliency :laugh::laugh:

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010

i don't think that was a hand pass but I agree overall the officiating in the game was atrocious. i knew in the first period when montreal got away with 3-4 obvious calls then called what should of been a holding the stick on the habs, a hook on the sens that the game would be a gong show. really sucks that every montreal series is the same officiating wise no matter who they are playing.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Pretty difficult to tell if it hit the hand. Seemed like it hit the stanchion and then glanced off the hand to me, but who knows.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I could not tell if it hit the glove first. It was a bang bang play no doubt.
Anderson needs to stop that shot tho, very weak short side goal.

The puck went nowhere near Prust's glove. They slowed it down nice. It hit the boards and bounced over Prust's head, missing his hand by about a foot. Clean goal. Bad goal, but not a hand pass.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I can't tell you how much I hate this Canucks team.

Some pretty shady stuff at the end of this game when things were pretty much out of reach for them coming back.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
This is a gong show.

Burrows could be suspended for the next game. He instigated a fight in the final five minutes.

Bieksa did, too, but somehow avoided an instigator penalty (probably because he went after Ferland).

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
CBC talking about Hamhuis maybe getting a suspension for a hit to the head of Bennett; I thought a two minute penalty was fine (which is what he got).

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
if the Calgary/Vancouver series ends up being a long one neither of these teams may have anything left for round 2.
just a nasty, dirty series all around.
I think Burrows may get that instigator rescinded like Engelland from game 2. I think Russell may have grabbed him first even if Burrows did drop the gloves first.
His hit was dirty on Gaudreau.
If this thing goes 6 or 7 it may surpass the shenanigans from Flyers/Pens from a few years ago.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't tell you how much I hate this Canucks team.

Some pretty shady stuff at the end of this game when things were pretty much out of reach for them coming back.

They were doing dumb things even after they made it 4-2. They were all stupid penalties.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Calgary struggled for so long to find a 1C and now they look to have two.

And they still have Jankowski, Poirer, and Klimchuk coming...who can at least slot into a skilled 3rd line role. They're going to be good for a long time as long as they manage their cap space.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
And they still have Jankowski, Poirer, and Klimchuk coming...who can at least slot into a skilled 3rd line role. They're going to be good for a long time as long as they manage their cap space.

Well, Brodie & Giordano are both on very cap friendly deals for the time being. However, Monahan, Gaudreau, and Giardano all need to be resigned in 16/17. Might be a rough offseason, but it's probably doable.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
So far the only teams that are losing that i predicted to advance are Washington and Nashville.

Pekka has been pretty horrid.

I wanted Ottawa to make a better series out of this, but their goaltending has also been pretty atrocious. Can't win games like that when you're playing a top 3 goalie on the other end of the ice.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
So far the only teams that are losing that i predicted to advance are Washington and Nashville.

Pekka has been pretty horrid.

I wanted Ottawa to make a better series out of this, but their goaltending has also been pretty atrocious. Can't win games like that when you're playing a top 3 goalie on the other end of the ice.

I was thinking that if any series were to go to 7, it was either WSH/NYI, or STL/MIN. I'm still standing by my picks of WSH and STL, but, man, NY has looked pretty strong at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad