Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Calgary is already up 2:0. Normally I'm against being a bandwagoner, but I love to watch the Flames play. They're just too fast for the Kings.

Calgary is a fun team. Obviously they've got SJ native Johnny Gaudreau, but Brodie and Giordano are really nice to watch, too.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
For the Penguins to miss - Penguins have to lose both games in regulation (one is against Buffalo) and Boston has to beat Tampa

Edit - this is actually wrong. Right now the Pengions hold the ROW tiebreaker. But should the Bruins win their last game (in regulation or OT) and the Penguins do not get a win in either of their 2 remaining games, Boston would then have the tiebreaker from points earned against one another.

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I don't think Boston will win in Tampa. They're the best home team in the league.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Its a back to back for Pittsburgh

Isles in Pitt. Then Pitt in buffalo.

I could see it happen

No. Buffalo is not going to blow last overall by winning the last game vs. Pitt. Again, the Pens might benefit from a tank... :)

Flyers need to at best lose in OT to preserve their spot. I'm sure Ottawa will be slightly motivated.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Chiraelli brillant move trading kessel, but that Seguin trade will haunt them for a long time.

He didn't get enough for Seguin, but he did probably have to trade him, or else the other players would have killed him.

One thing I recall from them trading Boychuk was how disappointed the other players were when that happened. The pains of getting overpaid.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
No. Buffalo is not going to blow last overall by winning the last game vs. Pitt. Again, the Pens might benefit from a tank... :)

Flyers need to at best lose in OT to preserve their spot. I'm sure Ottawa will be slightly motivated.

if buffalo wins they will still finish last overall.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I really don't get why anyone is upset at whether it's Boston or Pittsburgh that misses. Especially if Pittsburgh makes it. They're not going to win anything at all. Maybe, maybe a single round if they're fortunate. Then they'll end up with a worse pick and disappointed instead of embarrassed but still on the downswing either way.

Chiraelli brillant move trading kessel, but that Seguin trade will haunt them for a long time.

I might be incorrect as it was a while ago, but wasn't Kessel offer sheeted by Toronto? Meaning, he wasn't traded and was just compensated for?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He didn't get enough for Seguin, but he did probably have to trade him, or else the other players would have killed him.

One thing I recall from them trading Boychuk was how disappointed the other players were when that happened. The pains of getting overpaid.

live with it. Its a results business not a "friend" business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad