Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLII - The answer to life, the universe, and everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
My Coyotes are fading. They just don't seem to have that little extra scoring to finish out games they play well in.

Reactions: klutch

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Yeah, he was done 3 years ago.

On the other hand, Pavel Francouz is quickly becoming one of my favourite goalies.

Been watching Colorado a lot this year for Cale "Dude where's" Makar and found myself liking Francouz.

Frenchman is amazing, the more fans the better :thumbu:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My Coyotes are fading. They just don't seem to have that little extra scoring to finish out games they play well in.

Looks like they basically threw a 1st in the trash since there is no way Hall extends there. Maybe they can move his rights after the season to at least mitigate that damage slightly.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Hockey Central had some good ideas on this going forward.

Their idea was to have like ECHL goalies who are looking for the the "next thing to do in life"...or even lower level AHL goalies. I assume they used them because they likely have not made as much money as a NHL/AHL tweener, for example. But those guys would join a team but be part of the medical/training staff with proper training of course.

So for the team, they would have a guy who travels with the team, practices, etc... but still be useful in the day to day stuff. And for the "player", he gets to transition from ECHL player to working on his next "job" and where that could take him in life.

Then they got silly with it saying to have a union of guys that all get drafted each year or get selected with the highest bid...and could also be traded. But let's ignore that talk.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

To be fair that situation was going to draw buzz regardless even if it went the other way. If the Leafs lit that guy up like they should have there would have been complaining they got an easy two points too.

I’m not saying the NHL shouldn’t do anything about the situation but it’s kind of being made a boogeyman. Realistically there isn’t a change to be had to really take away a disadvantage a team would often be in like Carolina was that night.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
nope.....young genius.
The shine has worn off at this point. Nobody's talking about the Coyotes ushering in a new age of NHL GMs or whatever anymore. They've been buyers for 3 years now and they still can't make the playoffs.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hextall had the right idea, wrong PR, wrong management techniques.
But better to be patient and build a team, than try to get mediocre teams into the playoffs via rentals.
It seems so far that Fletcher learned that lesson in Minnesota.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I have little doubt that Chayka, while a mediocre GM, would have his honor defended like a maiden's if he was the Flyers GM. By the same people who criticize now. Fetishes are fetishes.

I, for one, would much prefer to deflower said maiden than defend her honor.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They’ve drafted like shit in Arizona under Chayka that’s probably the biggest problem. Not to say there aren’t others but that’s probably the most glaring. Even on draft days they’ve always seemed to just take low upside guys all over.

I agree with what you said about Hayton being the worst prospect in the league.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have little doubt that Chayka, while a mediocre GM, would have his honor defended like a maiden's if he was the Flyers GM. By the same people who criticize now. Fetishes are fetishes.

I don't see why. He hasn't done anything right. Like, at all.

Best move might have been taking Datsyuk as a cap dump so they could move up to draft Chychrun and that was like 4 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: LorneMalvo

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ohh those people. Ok yeah good point. I often forget they exist thanks to the Silent protector, Igor. Appeal to authority and all.
Oh yeah, I'm sure you have most on ignore but they simply swapped from being the guardians of Hakstol to AV and Fletcher, with the exact same excuses and appeals to authority to defend literally anything that they do wrong.

(Not saying that AV and Fletcher are as bad as Hak, just that whatever mistakes they do make get defended the exact same way)

Reactions: Rebels57

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Selling high on Rieder and adding Kuemper in the same deal has been a solid positive. Chayka hasn't been actively good, but everyone's got some check marks. You make so many moves that it's impossible to miss them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad