Miscellaneous NHL Talk XL -- It's "humongous"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The Flames seem like the perfect trade partner for Ghost. You have Jankowski, Stone, Kylington, Bennett, Hamonic. The possibilities are endless.

lip_licker.gif

/s
Ghost being traded I can deal with. Despite what flyers boards think it will not be recreation of trading McCrimmon. It better not be for rental hamonic plus. Stupid to trade Ghost for 1/2 year of anyone.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Everyone just needs to remember that Ghost is very likely getting selected in the 2021 Expansion Draft if he is still a Flyer at that point. His days as a Flyers are dwindling regardless of whether or not we trade him.

That will help soften the blow for me at least. :(

I'd actually rather we trade him in the offseason for expansion exempt assets. That makes the most sense. Keep him for this run.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Everyone just needs to remember that Ghost is very likely getting selected in the 2021 Expansion Draft if he is still a Flyer at that point. His days as a Flyers are dwindling regardless of whether or not we trade him.

I'd actually rather we trade him in the offseason for expansion exempt assets. That makes the most sense. Keep him for this run.

This is the key. We're going to regret a Ghost trade either way, but if/when he goes, it needs to be for pieces that we dont have to worry about losing in 18 months, or make us lose a different player we didnt want to lose. We're going to likely lose a good player regardless. Lets not make it so we lose a better player because we traded away a good one, too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is the key. We're going to regret a Ghost trade either way, but if/when he goes, it needs to be for pieces that we dont have to worry about losing in 18 months, or make us lose a different player we didnt want to lose. We're going to likely lose a good player regardless. Lets not make it so we lose a better player because we traded away a good one, too.

Yeah it would be the best asset management for sure. But with Scott and Fletcher I doubt they will want to move him for anything less than an NHL ready impact player..and it's gonna be harder to find expansion exempt ones to trade Ghost for. Pretty much looking at 2017 or after draftees.

Bergevin has had hard on for Ghost for a while but Montreal doesn't have the most appealing young assets.

Reactions: Starat327

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

We could have a deal in place with The Kracken to take another player with a draft pick like Vegas got from a few teams.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We could have a deal in place with The Kracken to take another player with a draft pick like Vegas got from a few teams.

Don't think there will be many of those deals. They worked out poorly for most teams. Fletcher himself got fleeced and mentioned how big of a mistake it was during his first ever press conference with the Flyers. If Seattle is fine with much less valuable assets than teams gave Vegas, than maybe we see those deals.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We should 1) wait and get as much use out of Ghost as possible before the expansion draft, and 2) wait and see if protecting someone other than him is actually the correct choice.

These premature trades do nothing but hurt us. Especially when we don't know what we have in Myers yet.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
We should 1) wait and get as much use out of Ghost as possible before the expansion draft, and 2) wait and see if protecting someone other than him is actually the correct choice.

These premature trades do nothing but hurt us. Especially when we don't know what we have in Myers yet.

GONER

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
The other day I spent like 15 minutes thinking about how to fix the Sabres while I was watching the Australian Open. Honestly, I think I cracked it. Call me, Pegula.
Did it involve ceremoniously offering Rasmus Ristolianen as a human sacrifice?

Reactions: Magua

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

How’s that going to help us make the playoffs right now?!?

Reactions: Striiker

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'd absolutely look to acquire Kapanen if Toronto is looking to move him. It'll be a complicated trade because neither team wants to get worse as they're competing for roughly the same playoff spot, and we don't have any cap room. Dubas doesn't want Hagg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad