Miscellaneous NHL Talk XL -- It's "humongous"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I'm a little more scared of a Kreider or Athanasiou add with Oskar out. Didn't think either was possible before the season started.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
7B9FD03B-4C0A-41AC-9631-9DD3C41F24CF.jpeg

Who the f*** is that guy?

Attachments

• A916AAFF-610F-4D02-8288-E6DFBAA2205A.jpeg
    A916AAFF-610F-4D02-8288-E6DFBAA2205A.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers fan here
Farabee+1st+York for DeAngelo+Kreider (retained if needed)
DeAngelo is a philly fan and a RHD on pace for 70 points. The 1st for Kreider. Farabee+York is about the value for DeAngelo. Flyers seem to have good depth on LW and LHD and are ripe with prospects. Rangers need a Kreider replacement (Farabee maybe) and a top pair LHD (York maybe.) Trading for DeAngelo also opens up a Ghost trade for a depth forward or picks. You can probably sign DeAngelo under 6.5. Thoughts?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Rangers fan here
DeAngelo is a philly fan and a RHD on pace for 70 points. The 1st for Kreider. Farabee+York is about the value for DeAngelo. Flyers seem to have good depth on LW and LHD and are ripe with prospects. Rangers need a Kreider replacement (Farabee maybe) and a top pair LHD (York maybe.) Trading for DeAngelo also opens up a Ghost trade for a depth forward or picks. You can probably sign DeAngelo under 6.5. Thoughts?

Not a chance.

York is our expansion exempt replacement for whichever D we lose.

Farabee is our future top winger with Konecny. Lindbloms uncertainty also makes this impossible to do.

This trade makes the ED an absolute nightmare for us.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Rangers fan here

a69jDvS1tKKgE.gif

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Rangers fan here

As far as message board trades go, at least you're giving up real assets. I don't blame you for wanting a good haul for Kreider/DeAngelo. However, there are issues.

Fletcher has managed to squander all the cap space we had so I'm not even sure a retain could work. Second, while our prospect pool is pretty deep we're suddenly lacking in high-end talent. Out of our top 20 prospects, maybe only 5 project to be top 6 forwards/top 4 defensemen. Farabee and York are in our top 4, and that top 4 includes a free agent steal (Zamula) who suddenly has injury concerns. We're not lacking in defensemen who could run the power play.

Lastly, we're going to lose a defenseman we really like in the ED. We're absolutely going to need York, and he may even make a push to make the roster next season. So that'll have to be a no from us.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Rangers fan here
No Minnesota connection and acquireing offensively dynamic lplayers? Have you even heard who our gm is?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Rangers fan here
Thoughts?
Meth is bad.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Rangers fan here

No value for us, DeAngelo drove AV crazy in NY, he'd do the same here (good offensive player who's a bit MIA on defense). How about Fox?
York won't be as flashy offensively, but he's going to be a reliable top 4 D-man in a couple years. And Farabee > DeAngelo. Farabee is going to be a star.
Kreider is a good player, but we don't need a LW rental - but a 3C/4C at a reasonable cost.

If we were to trade the 1st rd pick, it should be for a RHD prospect who is close to NHL ready.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
No value for us, DeAngelo drove AV crazy in NY, he'd do the same here (good offensive player who's a bit MIA on defense). How about Fox?
York won't be as flashy offensively, but he's going to be a reliable top 4 D-man in a couple years. And Farabee > DeAngelo. Farabee is going to be a star.
Kreider is a good player, but we don't need a LW rental - but a 3C/4C at a reasonable cost.

If we were to trade the 1st rd pick, it should be for a RHD prospect who is close to NHL ready.
I completely understand asking for Fox but he is our future #1D. I got roasted for my proposal and I’m not trying to get flamed again but I can’t see how you’d take Farabee over DeAngelo alone.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I completely understand asking for Fox but he is our future #1D. I got roasted for my proposal and I’m not trying to get flamed again but I can’t see how you’d take Farabee over DeAngelo alone.

We dont really have the cap to pay DeAngelo next year without making wholesale changes to our roster. If DeAngelo isnt ED exempt, it further muddies the waters as well.

Your proposal also want just Farabee for DeAngelo... it included york as well, unless I'm reading something wrong.

Reactions: dragonoffrost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad