Miscellaneous NHL Talk V6.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Players aren't stupid. They're media trained to hell, so you'll never see the truth come out of their mouths, but they know how stupid their coach is and how shit their teammates are. I wish I could hear a conversation from our players. Especially the young ones getting f***ed over for no reason.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Players aren't stupid. They're media trained to hell, so you'll never see the truth come out of their mouths, but they know how stupid their coach is and how **** their teammates are. I wish I could hear a conversation from our players. Especially the young ones getting ****ed over for no reason.

there's definitely more than a few of our players that have said far worse things about Hak and Lappy than what those Sens players said. i too wish we could hear it.

if Ghost was willing to say he ignores Hak in an official interview, can you imagine what must be said away from the cameras?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That isn't an invasion of privacy. Loads of Uber/Lyft drivers record their passengers. The driver probably got a good chunk of money for that video!

They do but for liability. It might not be illegal but you’d hope the person would have some decency & think nothing of the recordings when an incident didn’t occur. I’m sure the service company isn’t too happy about this right now as they’re going to catch the brunt of it in bad optics.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
They do but for liability. It might not be illegal but you’d hope the person would have some decency & think nothing of the recordings when an incident didn’t occur. I’m sure the service company isn’t too happy about this right now as they’re going to catch the brunt of it in bad optics.

Perhaps he knew an Ottawa fan or was one himself and wanted to release to get that dumpster fire video out there. I don't think those guys care all that much either. I'd love to know what the players think of Hak and co.

While it might be a shitty thing for the driver to do its far from an invasion of privacy. Those guys said it to him in his car.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Perhaps he knew an Ottawa fan or was one himself and wanted to release to get that dumpster fire video out there. I don't think those guys care all that much either. I'd love to know what the players think of Hak and co.

While it might be a ****ty thing for the driver to do its far from an invasion of privacy. Those guys said it to him in his car.

It looks like it did break Uber’s rules fwiw.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

It looks like it did break Uber’s rules fwiw.

Well given that he's a GM of Canada I'm not necessarily sure he's aware of all the rules in the States. Likewise Uber's terms and conditions doesn't overrule US law. I'm not an attorney but I'm sure a few of them can chime in. (If the video was filmed in the States)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well given that he's a GM of Canada I'm not necessarily sure he's aware of all the rules in the States. Likewise Uber's terms and conditions doesn't overrule US law. I'm not an attorney but I'm sure a few of them can chime in. (If the video was filmed in the States)

He works for Uber though & has a high ranking job with the company. I doubt he’d be just talking out his ass here & commenting on it for the hell of it.

There’s no implications to the court of law with anything he stated there anyway. He’s strictly talking on their end. My guess is the dude could lose his driving privileges with them.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
He works for Uber though & has a high ranking job with the company. I doubt he’d be just talking out his ass here & commenting on it for the hell of it.

There’s no implications to the court of law with anything he stated there anyway. He’s strictly talking on their end. My guess is the dude could lose his driving privileges with them.

Plenty of people have jobs in which they are mediocre. Hell I once had an accoutant tell me I couldn't do something that the IRS.gov website said I could do.

Arizona Recording Law | Digital Media Law Project

It appears that Arizona has a one party consent. A companies by-laws can't overrule a state's law. By default a company can't tell you can't record just because they don't want it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Plenty of people have jobs in which they are mediocre. Hell I once had an accoutant tell me I couldn't do something that the IRS.gov website said I could do.

Arizona Recording Law | Digital Media Law Project

It appears that Arizona has a one party consent. A companies by-laws can't overrule a state's law. By default a company can't tell you can't record just because they don't want it.

I really don’t see what this has to do with any of this. But I’m done. I’ve spent enough time on this then I really care.

Reactions: VladDrag

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Seriously, even the Sens are laughing at the Flyers' PK. Here's some tape the coaches should watch instead of Veggie Tales or whatever else they claim to be watching hours of.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Seriously, even the Sens are laughing at the Flyers' PK. Here's some tape the coaches should watch instead of Veggie Tales or whatever else they claim to be watching hours of.

Did the Sens players actually mention the Flyers PK?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
wonder if they asked melynk to pay for the uber

latest

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I love how for the last year or so on the main boards, any and all Sens discussion has been some combination of "Lol, Ottawa is a dumpster fire, the coaches/management suck, who'd want to listen to them, who would want to play there, feel bad for the players," and everyone and their grandma was just routinely and mercilessly ****ting on the front office, coaches, etc.

And then that video comes out and half the thread is "OMG WTF HOW CAN THOSE PLAYERS TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT THEIR COACHES, THEY'RE PROFESSIONALS, THEY SHOULD KNOW BETTER, SHAME ON THE PLAYERS FOR TALKING LIKE THAT, BUNCH OF SPOILED BRATS" :laugh:

Like a variant of the old "Lol hockey players are boring emotionless robots/OMG HOW DARE THAT PLAYER SAY SOMETHING SO CANDID TO THE MEDIA!"

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
That isn't an invasion of privacy. Loads of Uber/Lyft drivers record their passengers. The driver probably got a good chunk of money for that video!
If those players did that they should be black balled out by all teams. f***in whiney bitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad