Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part 12 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Actually I wouldn't mind Hartman on the third line with Frost anyway. Especially if it's JVR-Frost-Hartman; Frost needs someone to help him with the hockeying.

I might be JVR's biggest fan here, but I know his limitations.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Totally agree with adding a wing rather than a center. Couturier/Patrick/Frost are the top three centers for some years to come. NP's play since Hakstol's firing has shown what he will be. Frost as a 3C next season will be fine. The Flyers need to add a wing with speed and a shot. The game is one where speed kills. It's a thing that this team needs more. Time to either make a deal with Toronto for wings that they can't sign due to the cap or OS a couple of them.
Love you as a poster; disagree here. If Frost storms his way to 3C, great. I just don’t like banking on it. If he can outplay Hartman he still has a third line spot.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Love you as a poster; disagree here. If Frost storms his way to 3C, great. I just don’t like banking on it. If he can outplay Hartman he still has a third line spot.
I guess that I see him as a player that did so exceptionally well in junior with enough skills to handle 3C. He’ll get sheltered minutes and only doing even strength play. If he has Hartmann and JVR as wings, he should be in good shape to not be abused by most opponents. If he had to step up to 2C that would be too much to ask of him as a rookie.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
They’re just not a good team. They have a few forwards (who even knows if Skinner re-signs) & Dahlin. A lot of their defense just sucks. The forward depth is awful. Not a lot of good 5v5 players on that team especially on the backend.
Amazing the lack of depth on that team after being quite bad for basically a decade now.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Buffalo just stinks. You can count on your hand the amount of guys who can make a noticeable impact in multiple phases.

Other than not being up to the cap they’re not really that much different than Edmonton. They’re carried by a small set of players & their prospect pool is awful despite always picking high every year.

Reactions: Jtown

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Amazing the lack of depth on that team after being quite bad for basically a decade now.

Look at their drafts. It’s through multiple GM’s this decade but the best player they drafted outside of the first round is either Jake McCabe or JT Compher. Neither of them are a top four defender or top six forward. The latter never even played a game in their organization with them. That 2016 draft probably won’t yield a single noteworthy player & they had ten selections.

Buffalo Sabres Draft History at hockeydb.com

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Look at their drafts. It’s through multiple GM’s this decade but the best player they drafted outside of the first round is either Jake McCabe or JT Compher. Neither of them are a top four defender or top six forward. The latter never even played a game in their organization with them. That 2016 draft probably won’t yield a single noteworthy player & they had ten selections.

Buffalo Sabres Draft History at hockeydb.com

lots of picks with not much to show for it. Just goes to show how difficult it is to consistently hit on draft picks. Which is another reason getting rid of hextall and pryor is such a mistake.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I really started watching the Flyers during the 03-04 season and watching this live is something I will never forget. Holy **** that was insane.
Came on board the same time. Love the “behind the scenes” stuff there. Specifically Clarkie calling the gm a “f***ing gutless puke”. If you play with that sort of edge, I don’t think it turns off ever.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I remember all that stuff. I think Clarke really wanted to get his hands on Martin.
I have never seen Hitch so hot.
I remember how mad I was at Havlat(speaking of gutless pukes). Dude was such a spineless chickenshit. All he had to do was fight Recchi. But no. His teammates had to fight for him

Reactions: Ruck Over

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Canes are hot. Aho is a superstar.
We have better chance to catch Caps...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtown

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Humorous to look back on the 2016 WJC and remember how Laine and PJ were considered the superstars, and Aho was the good (not great) center hang-on. The nice complimentary player. The “smart one.” Who’s the best all-around NHL player now?

Now, let’s do our weekly Minnesota trade tracker check!

Nino: 19 points in 20 games
Rask: 2 points in 10 games​

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Humorous to look back on the 2016 WJC and remember how Laine and PJ were considered the superstars, and Aho was the good (not great) center hang-on. The nice complimentary player. The “smart one.” Who’s the best all-around NHL player now?

I’m happy Paul Fenton is not our GM.

Reactions: Tripod

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I don’t if it just his opinion based off nothing than just that but the Evolving Wild guy has mentioned a few times now on twitter that Rask is a legit buyout option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad