Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part 12 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Buffalo started the season good but after Eichel got injured they were never the same team even when Eichel returned.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Toronto got 5 goals from Ennis and Hyman tonight. Only 1 assist combined from Matthews, Tavares and Nylander.

I think people are underestimating this team and just assume Boston will beat them.

I think if we get Frost in here next year and he's playing with JVR and Hartman, or JVR and Konecny, we can be a team like this that can win games even when our top guys aren't producing.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Toronto got 5 goals from Ennis and Hyman tonight. Only 1 assist combined from Matthews, Tavares and Nylander.

I think people are underestimating this team and just assume Boston will beat them.

I think if we get Frost in here next year and he's playing with JVR and Hartman, or JVR and Konecny, we can be a team like this that can win games even when our top guys aren't producing.
How many points do you expect Frost to get as a 20 y/o rookie?

Patrick went a 19 game span with 2 points this year, & he’s a better prospect & had a year of pro experience.

Krejci had 27 points in 56 games as a rookie — at age 21, with a full season in the AHL at age 20.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
i watched him play, the hips don't excuse his lack of hockey sense and or skill. In fact his mobility may have been his best attribute.

Hips don’t lie

I hope he doesn’t go to Edmonton, NJ, or Pittsburgh, **** the Oilers they already have McDavid, NJ got Nico, and **** the Pens they already won the tank lottery a couple times because they’re a weak minded franchise ran by cowards and commies

And Colorado via ottawa. If they got Hughes as a 2C and develop their D they are only a few pieces away from a serious contender.

Hopefully Hughes goes somewhere inconsequential like LA, Phoenix or Minnesota.

I hope for LA. It will make them bubble team good and stop them from fully tanking with the guys they still have. They will likely waste a lot of years from Hughes.

They are an offensive team that can go off but they were relying on goaltending heavily earlier to make up for a poor D. They are a good team but not as good as they should be with their forwards, draft history and signings.

Patrick went a 19 game span with 2 points this year, & he’s a better prospect & had a year of pro experience.

Krejci had 27 points in 56 games as a rookie — at age 21, with a full season in the AHL at age 20.

Yea I’d say you’d be very happy with a 40 pt season. But that’s pretty good for a 3C. Not sure where that ranks but I’d think pretty good.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I would guess around 30 points per 82 minimum if he makes the team from camp given what players with similar CHL scoring at the same age got recently when going directly to the NHL. If given the opportunity and not Trochek'd, where he was ready but kept in AHL, and showed it.

Barzal, Scheifele, Point, Huberdeau, Dvorak, Eberle, Domi, Schenn, Kucherov, Labanc...

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Hips don’t lie

And Colorado via ottawa. If they got Hughes as a 2C and develop their D they are only a few pieces away from a serious contender.

I hope for LA. It will make them bubble team good and stop them from fully tanking with the guys they still have. They will likely waste a lot of years from Hughes.

They are an offensive team that can go off but they were relying on goaltending heavily earlier to make up for a poor D. They are a good team but not as good as they should be with their forwards, draft history and signings.

Yea I’d say you’d be very happy with a 40 pt season. But that’s pretty good for a 3C. Not sure where that ranks but I’d think pretty good.
I think that’s a bad gamble. 30 points would be nice, but I also expect below average defense. I’d start him at wing. And I sure wouldn’t expect him to handle 3C on a team competing for a conference championship.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think that’s a bad gamble. 30 points would be nice, but I also expect below average defense. I’d start him at wing. And I sure wouldn’t expect him to handle 3C on a team competing for a conference championship.
To me being very happy with 40 means 30 pts would be ok. I think he can put up more than that given his linmates. Patrick May have been more highly touted to start but Frost looks very good on his own. He should start with better lineamtes than Patrick and have better health. And as Jojo said he should be pretty sheltered with coots and Patrick as well as a strong 4th line.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
To me being very happy with 40 means 30 pts would be ok. I think he can put up more than that given his linmates. Patrick May have been more highly touted to start but Frost looks very good on his own. He should start with better lineamtes than Patrick and have better health. And as Jojo said he should be pretty sheltered with coots and Patrick as well as a strong 4th line.
All right, but if we’re talking about a legit contender in the East, I don’t like the odds of going with Patrick/Frost at 2/3. Just doesn’t compare with the competition. It’s based on hopes rather than reality. They’ll eventually be a good tandem — when G & Voracek are fading.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
All right, but if we’re talking about a legit contender in the East, I don’t like the odds of going with Patrick/Frost at 2/3. Just doesn’t compare with the competition. It’s based on hopes rather than reality. They’ll eventually be a good tandem — when G & Voracek are fading.
I agree that you can’t assume contender until Patrick is more consistent and produces more. But with the right coach and linemates you shouldn’t be surprised to see good production from both and maybe a shot at the division.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
But we also shouldn't bring in a long term expensive C to block Frost either. We don't "need" a top 6C. We can add a winger just as easily, and likely cheaper and move Giroux over to C if Frost struggles.

I DO want to try and add a top 6 guy just so we can be as good as possible. But we don't need it to be a C and in all honesty, we need a RW which would push Hartman down.

Reactions: baudib1

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
But we also shouldn't bring in a long term expensive C to block Frost either. We don't "need" a top 6C. We can add a winger just as easily, and likely cheaper and move Giroux over to C if Frost struggles.

I DO want to try and add a top 6 guy just so we can be as good as possible. But we don't need it to be a C and in all honesty, we need a RW which would push Hartman down.
Totally agree with adding a wing rather than a center. Couturier/Patrick/Frost are the top three centers for some years to come. NP's play since Hakstol's firing has shown what he will be. Frost as a 3C next season will be fine. The Flyers need to add a wing with speed and a shot. The game is one where speed kills. It's a thing that this team needs more. Time to either make a deal with Toronto for wings that they can't sign due to the cap or OS a couple of them.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

If he gets regular PP2 time and 12 mins a night with JVR/Konecny I think he gets 40 points.

Patrick was a better prospect at age 18, and a lot of his "rating" was because he was NHL ready at that age. But if Patrick had been sent back to juniors, I'm not sure it's a slam dunk that he'd be rated ahead of Frost in our system right now.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

Lindblom can play either wing. Giroux probably can as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad