Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I was joking. All I'd really want would be a first + D prospect for briere

And Giroux is definitely a top 5 c

Crosby
Malkin
Stamkos
Giroux
Tavares

In comes the Datsyuk reference, even though he hasn't had an elite season since they won the cup in 2008.

Primary Assist*

I was joking. All I'd really want would be a first + D prospect for briere

Crosby
Malkin
Stamkos
Giroux
Tavares

Jonathan Toews, Anze Kopitar, and Pavel Datsyuk all say hello, have all lifted the Stanley Cup over their heads.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA

Crosby
Malkin
Stamkos
Giroux
Tavares
Jonathan Toews, Anze Kopitar, and Pavel Datsyuk all say hello, have all lifted the Stanley Cup over their heads.
In comes the Datsyuk reference, even though he hasn't had an elite season since they won the cup in 2008.
In my opinion, there are four clearly better than him, Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos and Toews. And yes, I would argue Datsyuk is better than Giroux, so that would be my fifth choice. I'd then put him in the same category as Thornton, Staal, Kopitar and H. Sedin, but being undecided about whether Tavares is there yet.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey

Stanley cups make you top players?

Also, Kopitar and Datsyuk are both older than Giroux. Toews is a year younger but got a shot at making his team earlier due to his team being absolutely trash.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Let the history books show that they all won those cups single-handedly too.

In my opinion, there are four clearly better than him, Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos and Toews. And yes, I would argue Datsyuk is better than Giroux, so that would be my fifth choice. I'd then put him in the same category as Thornton, Staal, Kopitar and H. Sedin, but being undecided about whether Tavares is there yet.

Toews is clearly ahead of Giroux? I'd love to hear you rationale behind that.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
30 teams beg to disagree, including the one that plays in Philadelphia.
Put the two on the open market: Who would net you more in a trade?

Yeah, okay. Somebody cue the Jennifer Lawrence gif.

Your logic on this matter was flawed to begin with when you used the cup reference.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Why do you think this team is due to failure? You seem so worried about its construction when they're 4-1-1 in their last 6 and trending upward. Why don't you wait before you start freaking out. This GM has taken a team from dead last to the ECF the final next year. Then the SCF 2 years later and into the playoffs the last couple years. If things get real bad THAN you fire him. You don't fire a winning GM while the team is winning. And no, a 13 game sample size isn't enough to become a losing team.

[mod]

So much for 4-1-1 and trending upward.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
You'd be crazy to think Toews wouldn't net more then Giroux as far as the present is concerned. If its Giroux at his peak then it's easily Giroux though.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Oh I'm sorry I don't have a crystal ball like you do, slick. But its more of a problem with the team's lackluster effort and not its construction.

You keep on believing its not a matter of team construction. Not my fault you don't have a crystal ball. If you don't then don't throw around small sample sizes and terms like "trending upward".

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
You keep on believing its not a matter of team construction. Not my fault you don't have a crystal ball. If you don't then don't throw around small sample sizes and terms like "trending upward".

Its called benchmarking and its done all the time to get an idea about how a team is doing. Sometimes its right and sometimes its not. But you can keep believing your right all the time since you know everything. Maybe you think you can do a better job?

Did you really have that little to do today that you had that quote on standby?

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Its called benchmarking and its done all the time to get an idea about how a team is doing. Sometimes its right and sometimes its not. But you can keep believing your right all the time since you know everything. Maybe you think you can do a better job?

Did you really have that little to do today that you had that quote on standby?

Yeah that minute it took to go back and quote your post really bit into my life there.

I just like pointing out when Internet tough guys are wrong.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I didn't know he had the first one till they mentioned it. I originally thought it was Gagne because when they scored, it showed Gagne when I looked at the TV.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I would take Toews over almost every other centre in the league and that includes Roo. I prefer 2 way forwards ober guys who are mostly offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad