Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Varlamov absolutely is terrible.

I need to trade him from my keepers

edit : Maybe he wasn't so bad tonight.. but he is the next elite goaltender according to the main boards. show it more than once a month damn it

He does. He is the only bright spot besides Duchene, PAP and maybe Barrie right now on the Avs.

The guy who holds our D together EJ (who is criminally underrated) is out with a concussion and our second best dman (Wilson) as well. We probably iced the worst defense in the League even with both of them healthy. Now it is just sad. We have guys like Hunwick, O'Byrne, O'Brien and Zanon playing major minutes.
Add the worst coach in the league (no defensive system) and that our Selke caliber C is holding out and Varly is the poorest guy who is playing in the NHL right now. He gets no support at all.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Ottawa Sun reports #Capitals GM George McPhee is trying to add immediate help and might be willing to trade Filip Forsberg and Kuznetsov

Doubt we trade with the Capitals at all, but would like Forsberg :)

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I guess that means he'd be coming over right as he is on his last year of the team still owning rights? I think it's 4 years for european players

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He signed an extension this summer through the 2013/2014 season. He could presumably come over after that. He's been NHL ready. He's every bit as good as Tarasenko if not better.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Does he have a great work ethic as well? I don't know that much other than that he's supposed to be damn amazing. Maybe give up our 2014 1st and something else for him (since he would start in 2014)?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I guess that means he'd be coming over right as he is on his last year of the team still owning rights? I think it's 4 years for european players

I thought there was no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL? I always thought if you drafted a player from Russia you owned his rights until they come over (no matter how long it takes them to come over).

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Does he have a great work ethic as well? I don't know that much other than that he's supposed to be damn amazing. Maybe give up our 2014 1st and something else for him (since he would start in 2014)?

He's worth more than that. The only way you're getting him for that is if they feel he won't come over, in which case it would be foolish to make that move. By the time his contract is up, Washington will have waited 4 years for him to arrive. That's a long wait for return on their investment.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Sell now.

Kuznetzov + Forsberg for Briere

I would personally find Homer and forgive him for any bad words I may have said about him if he could pull that deal. With that said, this would never happen. I could see them getting ROR though. That would upset me.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Hmm, on a serious note, though, what about Kuznetsov + Forsberg for Giroux? Not that I want to get rid of Giroux, but I'd go for that.

Atrocious. I can't believe some fans are giving up on Giroux after just fifteen games. Give your head a shake.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I thought there was no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL? I always thought if you drafted a player from Russia you owned his rights until they come over (no matter how long it takes them to come over).
There's a 'memorandum of understanding' between the two leagues. Basically it says that they will honor existing contracts. This is why Visnovsky can't play in the KHL. Since he's signed until 2013-14, he'd have a short time to sign a deal to play in the NHL

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm not giving up on Giroux, I think he's an excellent player. But so is Kuznetsov. The only question is how good Forsberg will turn out to be.

I really don't care what their potential is. I've seen Giroux dominate and be the catalyst of this team for two seasons now. Neither Kuznetsov nor Forsberg have even set foot on a NHL surface and you want to trade a top five center for them.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
He's proven nothing in the NHL to be anywhere near Giroux's value
Not in the NHL and of course he's not worth Giroux alone. But as far as Giroux being a top 5 center, I don't think he is one. Top 10, sure, and you can maybe start making a case he's top 5 when he's at his best and the rest aren't, but even with that I'd still do the trade, because while I think Giroux is better than Kuznetsov at the moment (and I'm not going to speculate on whether that will change), I don't think there's that much of a difference, and Forsberg is someone that I'd also gladly have in the fold.

But anyway, the reason I commented on your post is that when I first saw it I read Briere + (Peter) Forsberg for Kuznetsov, and thought you were joking. Then I did a double take and saw Briere for Kuznetsov and Forsberg and still thought you were joking, so I thought this would be somewhat less lopsided. I mean, alright, you can have Washington throw another guy in if you think what I'd go for is unacceptable to you.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Not in the NHL and of course he's not worth Giroux alone. But as far as Giroux being a top 5 center, I don't think he is one. Top 10, sure, and you can maybe start making a case he's top 5 when he's at his best and the rest aren't, but even with that I'd still do the trade, because while I think Giroux is better than Kuznetsov at the moment (and I'm not going to speculate on whether that will change), I don't think there's that much of a difference, and Forsberg is someone that I'd also gladly have in the fold.

But anyway, the reason I commented on your post is that when I first saw it I read Briere + (Peter) Forsberg for Kuznetsov, and thought you were joking. Then I did a double take and saw Briere for Kuznetsov and Forsberg and still thought you were joking, so I thought this would be somewhat less lopsided. I mean, alright, you can have Washington throw another guy in if you think what I'd go for is unacceptable to you.

I was joking. All I'd really want would be a first + D prospect for briere

And Giroux is definitely a top 5 c

Crosby
Malkin
Stamkos
Giroux
Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad