Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
IMG_0042.JPG

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
1 point in 13 games for Lafreniere (in 3v3 OT). Yeesh. I'm sure we'd be taking that well.
One game in people were saying Farabee looked like a completely different player.
The next handful of games resulted in people saying he was a disappointment and was completely invisible.
Then the most recent stretch of games have been constant praise and now there's threads where people think he's going to be a star.

The difference?
4 points in 1 game
0 points in 5 games
8 points in 7 games

A large chunk of this board can't evaluate past looking at end results in tiny sample sizes. So yes, a 1st overall pick with 1 point in 13 games would go over very well.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Amazes me how so many GMs overpay in a players best season, which happens to be their walk year. If a dummy like me can see it, makes you wonder why they can't.
Yeah, it's always very risky but also tempting to sign a player who has a great season in his last year of a contract.
Duchene seems to be a similar case and I was definitely guilty of wanting to throw money at him in 2019.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"
#1: Bobby Clarke

Love this quote:
“[He’s] the dirtiest player in hockey” / “If I had Clarke on the Canadiens, we would have won six or seven Cups in a row…” – Scotty Bowman

For those of you too young to have seen Clarke in action, he was a great clutch player as well, up there with MJ in any sport, the game was never over as long as the Flyers were in striking distance and Clarke was on the ice. Like MJ he hated losing more than he loved winning.

Crazy thing was he was also is a type 1 diabetic, shooting up between periods.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I understand why he did it to some degree, given coaching familiarity and the chance to ride shotgun next to Eichel and pump up his stats, but there’s a bit of — “What did you expect?” — when it comes to signing a contract with an always disappointing Buffalo. Or Hall has an unconscious fetish for bottom feeders that is tearing him apart from within.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad