Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: The "like literally" mid-February 2021 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I have NEVER seen a team go an entire period without a shot on net, always wondered if it could happen.

Not surprised it was the Sabres who finally did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I have NEVER seen go an entire period without a shot on net, always wondered if it could happen.

Not surprised it was the Sabres who finally did it.
Happened to Boston in the playoffs against Ottawa a few years ago.

Feel like it occurs more often than you'd think.

Edit: looks like it happened to the Pens vs Nashville in the same playoffs as above, too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Last time I remember seeing anything about Klotz was another fight clip (obviously) that made the rounds years ago when he was in the British hockey league.

I don’t know if they still do but they went somewhat heavy on snatching up goons from NA once the AHL started putting rules in place to curb fighting/goonery. Him, Biz, McGrattan, etc. were all playing there.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Last time I remember seeing anything about Klotz was another fight clip (obviously) that made the rounds years ago when he was in the British hockey league.

I don’t know if they still do but they went somewhat heavy on snatching up goons from NA once the AHL started putting rules in place to curb fighting/goonery. Him, Biz, McGrattan, etc. were all playing there.

Yeh. British fans love seeing blood on the ice aha.

Cam Janssen was the funniest. The guy came right from the NHL and could not hold his own in the EIHL. Though Klotz was similar tbh.

Biz was pretty darn good. Same for most of the guys. This is an ECHL level league so would expect even a 4th line NHLer to be "good".

But Janssen... it was like... wow... this guy is worse that the British 17 year olds who probably did not see ice until they were 12-13 years old and are only playing due to injury.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeh. British fans love seeing blood on the ice aha.

Cam Janssen was the funniest. The guy came right from the NHL and could not hold his own in the EIHL. Though Klotz was similar tbh.

Biz was pretty darn good. Same for most of the guys. This is an ECHL level league so would expect even a 4th line NHLer to be "good".

But Janssen... it was like... wow... this guy is worse that the British 17 year olds who probably did not see ice until they were 12-13 years old and are only playing due to injury.

Cam Janssen had no business EVER playing a single NHL game. What a f***ing potato.

Reactions: Appleyard

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Generational. Better than Jack Hughes AINEC.

He’s the same age as Hughes except with dat man strength. It’s almost like people talk out their asses. And Lafreniere will still likely be a star.

His last game was in March last year & he didn’t play again until the middle of January while jumping up to the highest level.

Maybe he struggles regardless but probably not ideal circumstances for any prospect either.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The problem in New York is Quinn, not Lafreniere. He'll unfortunately be fine. Probably going to explode his sophomore season. Quinn should be fired by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad