Miscellaneous NHL Discussion (mid-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's like all the many Devils fans I know telling me after the Hall trade that it was "okay because they have a really good defense, so they could afford to trade Larson and wouldn't miss a beat" and all I could do was :facepalm: They can't even evaluate their own team well- so delusional. They definitely improved upfront and should be a faster team and they still have a very good goalie, but that defense is still pretty bad and I believe they even lost Merrill, who while not great was still young and played the position. They are still going to have trouble with defensive breakdowns.

Their Defense is an absolute abomination right now :laugh:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/devils

• Andy Greene
  • Ben Lovejoy
  • Dalton Prout
  • Damon Severson
  • John Moore
  • Steve Santini

:amazed:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That group of defensemen isn't exactly great at moving the puck either. Lovejoy & Prout are useless in every sense. The overall center position is questionable there right now too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That group of defensemen isn't exactly great at moving the puck either. Lovejoy & Prout are useless in every sense. The overall center position is questionable there right now too.

Yeah that D is just incredibly bad. So so so so bad.

C is actually not terrible for them. For instance, I think they have a better group of Centers than the Rangers and Canadiens.

If they don't move Henrique for D help, they can still start the season with :

1. Henrique
  2. Zajac
  3. Hischier

Or they can use Zacha as 3C and start off Hischier on LW.

Their best course of action would be to trade Henrique now while his value is at its peak for the best defensemen they can get.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah that D is just incredibly bad. So so so so bad.

C is actually not terrible for them. For instance, I think they have a better group of Centers than the Rangers and Canadiens.

If they don't move Henrique for D help, they can still start the season with :

1. Henrique
  2. Zajac
  3. Hischier

Or they can use Zacha as 3C and start off Hischier on LW.

Their best course of action would be to trade Henrique now while his value is at its peak for the best defensemen they can get.

It's not bad but it's nothing great either at the moment. Henrique & Zajac aren't bad but they're better dropped down a spot. Montreal is completely lacking in both top end talent & depth. New York I would say still has quality depth with Zibanejad, Miller, & Hayes.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Definitely feel better about the Schenn deal after Washington only got a 2nd and 3rd for Johansson.

Also, Hitch and Radulov is going to be a disaster.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's not bad but it's nothing great either at the moment. Henrique & Zajac aren't bad but they're better dropped down a spot. Montreal is completely lacking in both top end talent & depth. New York I would say still has quality depth with Zibanejad, Miller, & Hayes.

For sure they are are overslotted at the moment but so are the Rangers centers.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Love how they always mic up Benning. Why not, right? Basically blurts out anything in interviews anyway.

Best part starting at 2 minutes in. Really easy to mix them up :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Just saw this on reddit. Would be cool to see other GMs or to hear more from Benning to see what really goes on at the table.

[Yt]63ApK-RKqdc[/MEDIA]

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Love how they always mic up Benning. Why not, right? Basically blurts out anything in interviews anyway.

Best part starting at 2 minutes in. Really easy to mix them up :laugh:

Haha, maybe bext time I'll read the post above where I am posting. :laugh:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Definitely feel better about the Schenn deal after Washington only got a 2nd and 3rd for Johansson.

Also, Hitch and Radulov is going to be a disaster.
radulov was awesome two way this yr and he better stay that way or hitch should and will have a problem. Radulov is older and knows to hustle both ways.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
radulov was awesome two way this yr and he better stay that way or hitch should and will have a problem. Radulov is older and knows to hustle both ways.

I agree...Rads was actually fine on defense, blocking shots, etc...

But I still would not trust him at all.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Am I the only one who thinks that Vegas isn't doing a good enough job with their assets? They just acquired Kruger, then flipped him for a 5th round pick.

I feel like Kruger easily could be worth AT LEAST a 3rd rounder. They've done it a couple times now, getting very late picks when I expected more. I also expected them to draft a better team. The Calgary pick kind of epitomized that for me when they chose Engelland over Poirer or Shinkaruk.

Perhaps they have some grand plan that I'm not picking up on...but I think they could have a better team AND better picks right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad