Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
A small market team like Columbus seems to be the perfect fit for Tortorella. Keeps him from being tempted to start his media shenanigans again and keeps him focused on what matters.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
How so? They're pretty great, and healthy.

They can't keep up the production they are getting from the entire team. They won't be bad, but they are not this good.

Can't get over that the top 3 teams in the league are from the metro. I thought this was going to be a down year with the pens having a hangover and the jackets and rangers underachieving.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
How so? They're pretty great, and healthy.

They can't keep up the production they are getting from the entire team. They won't be bad, but they are not this good.

Can't get over that the top 3 teams in the league are from the metro. I thought this was going to be a down year with the pens having a hangover and the jackets and rangers underachieving.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
I dont think they are overacheaving or that they have a particulary great coach.

THey just have a really deep roster and quality players on all 4 lines and 3 D pairings.

NOt to mention that Bob is playing up to his potential.

I was surprised to see them do that porely last season, they had the personel to be much better and a lot of people had them finishing in a playoff spot then.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
This team would be worse with him as coach.

He's not a good coach, they're just overachieving.

So the winningest American coach of all time is a BAD coach. Just off top, right?

Im a little salty about the Jackets being this good too but let's not put down their personnel just for the sake of keeping egos intact

In short Torts is a better coach than peple give him credit for and so are the Jackets

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Crosby just tied Giroux for the decade lead. Both have 474 points now, Crosby did that in less than 118 games compared to Giroux. Almost 1.3 PPG for Crosby. Patrick Kane is currently 4 points behind them.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So the winningest American coach of all time is a BAD coach. Just off top, right?

Im a little salty about the Jackets being this good too but let's not put down their personnel just for the sake of keeping egos intact

In short Torts is a better coach than peple give him credit for and so are the Jackets

He's not the same guy who **** the bed in Vancouver. He clearly learned from his mistakes there.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

No, not ego or being salty or anything like that, I'm just using common sense. Let me help you out a bit since apparently I'm expecting too much by assuming other people use common sense too.

Look at this page. Look at the points. Look at the shooting percentages. Comepare both to career averages. Tell me that's because of the coach. Tell me that isn't an unsustainable pace and that they're not just hot right now. Tell me you expect that to continue.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points

Just another example of people overstating what coaches are responsible for and giving them credit for what the players do. Id love to hear the amazing difference between last year when they were trash and people expected him to be fired and this year when he's suddenly a genius. No way it's just the players being on a crazy hot streak right? Nah, that makes too much sense so let's forget that. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad