News Article: Misc. Oilers News/Info

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not shocked that she was been harrassed earlier. It's social media I've accepted there are a lot of f***ing idiots out there.

I'm just shocked she's still being harrassed. Usually these trolls move onto something else.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm not shocked that she was been harrassed earlier. It's social media I've accepted there are a lot of f***ing idiots out there.

I'm just shocked she's still being harrassed. Usually these trolls move onto something else.

They need to change the name to anti-social media. World is better off without Farcebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

I'd love to see that logo (er, maybe without the turtle for obvious reasons) on a jersey.

The Turtle is a vital symbol for Indigenous culture and this logo interpretation. It is an amazing design which I hope the Oilers utilize at some point in a game or practise jersey. Good on the Oilers as well for incorporating Indigenous Land Recognition videos into their pre-game program. Saw it on last night's telecast and it is very well done.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Edmonton Journal article by Levins: 'Christmas 9 Gifts' (perfect recognition of the things we're so fortunate to have as Oiler fans this season, and maybe sometimes take for granted):

9. Ken Holland and Dave Tippett. Patience. "...This is the 1st season of the Holland Tippett era where the team isn’t in cap hell. Before the 6-game skid they had the best record in the league. There’s often a difference between “broken” and “not yet built”

8. Daryl Katz. Acknowledgement. "...Mr. Katz had a vision for his club, the building and the downtown that not everyone shared. But team and city could easily have been in the same position as Calgary now if not for him."

7. Kris Russell. One last coat of armor. "... When a warrior has battled this hard this long, who wouldn’t prefer to see him still standing when it’s done?...the bumps and bruises are starting to catch up with him. My wish for Kris, who is nearing the end of an admirable career, is an injury-free run to the finish line."

6. Stuart Skinner. A custom hard hat. "...Skinner appears to be blossoming from prospect to NHL player before our very eyes. And he gets to do all of that in front of his family and the team he grew up idolizing. How cool is that? It’s a success story I hope keeps unfolding."

5. Duncan Keith. A little respect. "...Keith is one of the most decorated D-men to ever play here. Criticize mistakes, but also appreciate the quality remaining in his 38-year old legs and the nuances that great and formerly great players bring."

4. Tyler Benson. A Re-invented badge. "...Tyler Benson, a skill player his entire time as a prospect, transforming himself into somewhat of a “rat’ (and I mean that in the best way possible) that is hard to play against. That takes humility and determination. I hope it helps Benson stick."

3. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Lifetime membership card. "...I want better for The Nuge. He has a been a stoic soldier for this franchise and deserves to be there when it finally grasps the cup again."

2. The Bison King. A paddock all on his own. "...Jesse Puljujarvi has arrived. Yet of all the physical attributes of a terrific NHL hockey player that Jesse Puljujarvi surely possesses, what I like most about him is the joy with which he plays the game. And the subsequent happiness he helps elicit among fans along the way....Thank you, Jesse, for being so generous with your Bison King spirit."

1. Connor McDavid. A Stanley Cup. "... Here is a generational talent who could have chosen to continue his magical career anywhere. But McDavid chose Edmonton. Let’s be honest, not everyone wants to or does....He plays here. He built a home here. Gives to charity here. Shows up for his teammates and for his fans, game-in and game-out, on the ice and off. The talent of #97 is sublime. That’s easy to see. But in my books, it is his character that is more impressive than his skill. Neither talent nor makeup on their own adds up to a truly great player. But analyze the very greatest to ever play this game and you’ll find it is rare for them to not possess both and in quantity. Go, Connor, go"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad