News Article: Mirtle: Auston Matthews is ready to make a bigger impact on a bigger stage

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
take it easy mirtle, he's played one game after injury layoff stop getting people hopes way up.

Matthews has scored in every game this year after coming back from injury (3 times). He scored the key goal (with only about 15 minutes of ice time) against Nashville to put the Leafs up 2-1 last night against atrocious officiating that could have iced the Leafs. He's got 29 goals already while missing 20 games this year, and still leads the league in 5v5 goal-scoring since entering the league. Matthews is that good.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I always claimed NHL scouts are brutally inept, Matthew B can say hi to them all.
Mathew Barzal. Only one 't'.

Sorry, I ain't 'spelling nazi' - only with people's names.

I get the same reaction when people call Matthews 'Austin'....where's the 'O'?

Could be trollin', could also just be auto correct. Anyway..

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
You guys find the subscription price for The Athletic worth it? How's the quality of content? What do they offer that is unique as opposed to the big, mainstream networks (TSN, SportsNet)?

It's not your cookie cutter sports content. Their pieces are typically pointed and dive deep. Pretty much the only stuff I read where I come away with the feeling that I learned something.

Plus Justin Bourne is legitimately great.

Reactions: MattySnipes

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
You guys find the subscription price for The Athletic worth it? How's the quality of content? What do they offer that is unique as opposed to the big, mainstream networks (TSN, SportsNet)?
The amount of times I've scrolled through threads on HFboards today and seen your avatar and wondered "when the hell did I post that?" before seeing your username and realizing it's not me...

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
The amount of times I've scrolled through threads on HFboards today and seen your avatar and wondered "when the hell did I post that?" before seeing your username and realizing it's not me...
@CanadasTeam still hosts it so I got it from one of the links.

I like this one because I have the same jersey and I think I'm going to use this for the playoffs :towel:

Reactions: JadedLeaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad