Confirmed with Link: Minor signings: Marchessault, Angelidis, Hart, Blunden, Paradis | Ashton to Europe

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Surprised Kunyk wasnt qualified. I thought he would stick around for a depth AHL'er, but I havent kept track of him. No surprises outside of that. Barbs has been gone for a long time.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Glide, Kunyk was one of the biggest disappointments for the Crunch last year. He put up a few points but had a terrible plus/minus. His play was not even average for a team that had a lot of journeymen/ECHLers on it. The organziation gave him a shot and it did not work out. His quality of player are a dime a dozen in the ECHL, let alone the AHL.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=773086
The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed forward Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way contract today, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced.

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...ar.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Veteran defenseman Joey Mormina has inked a deal that will return him to the Syracuse Crunch for a third season in 2015-16.

Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois said the pact is an AHL deal for one season.
"Joe had a really good year for us,'' BriseBois said. "He's a stable presence for us on our back end. He's a great mentor for our younger players. He can really be used in pretty much any situation.''

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Good news with the resigning of the Captain. Look for Tanner Richard to become more important in the leadership category with the potential for an "A" next season a real possibility.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Glide, Kunyk was one of the biggest disappointments for the Crunch last year. He put up a few points but had a terrible plus/minus. His play was not even average for a team that had a lot of journeymen/ECHLers on it. The organziation gave him a shot and it did not work out. His quality of player are a dime a dozen in the ECHL, let alone the AHL.

Agreed.

Syracuse extremely young right now with only two vets: Mormina/Angelidis.

Syracuse roster looks like this right now - putting no thought into the lines so whatever but here is the roster so far:

Erne/Richard/Gourde
Ashton/Pecca/Vermin
Hart/Angelidis/Ikonen
Paradis/Darcy/Blunden

Koekkoek/DeAngelo
Mormina/Dotchin
Walcott/Blujus

Soooooo Young!

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Two solid scoring lines, some leadership and depth at forward, and a nice checking line with Ikonen-Angelidis-Blunden.

Not sure how I feel about Taormina with DeAngelo, I'd prefer a stay at home guy to anchor that pairing while Tony adjusts and does his thing. Besides that, not bad. More experience and talent than last year.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
I thought Ashton was off to Europe. Is Luke Witkowsk a full time NHL'er?

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I thought Ashton was off to Europe. Is Luke Witkowsk a full time NHL'er?

So far it's only a rumor with Ashton and yes, Witko is expected to be in Tampa in October. He would need to pass waivers, is a perfect #7 and according to crunchrulz and Werewolf he is NHL ready.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I highly doubt either JAM or Wit clear waivers. The organzation would be taking a HUGE chance on exposing either of them.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...1afda29ac1eab7249451ddcad3eb92bd#incart_river
Syracuse Crunch forward Carter Ashton has decided to play in Europe next season.

Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois said he was informed of that news by Ashton's agent over the weekend. BriseBois did not want to specify where Ashton is going.
"We would have welcomed him back, but he has decided to continue his career in Europe, and we wish him the best of luck,'' BriseBois said.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I really wanted Ferraro with that pick too. Get some, miss some I guess. Good luck Carter. Hope you make some noise and can come back to the NHL with renewed interest.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Not sure if this should be here or in it's own thread but then it can be moved.

TBL signs D Daniel Walcott signed to 3-year 2-way ELC.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Not sure if this should be here or in it's own thread but then it can be moved.

TBL signs D Daniel Walcott signed to 3-year 2-way ELC.

I wasn't sure if they'd try to sign him to an AHL deal. I guess they really like him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad