Minny Wild Ryan Hartman DOPS 3 Game Suspension

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
He's been suspended three times and fined six others. He's sitting a game or three. He's not even thirty.
He really flies under the radar when it comes to being a scumbag I feel. People always bring up Marchand, Wilson, Tkachuk, Cousins etc when it comes to dirty players and it seems like Hartmans name never pops up in those conversations when it probably should.

Reactions: Anemia and hn777

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Seriously, 3 games for that? Should have been a fine at most but even 1 game would have at least been understandable. He clearly threw it away from the ref, not towards him. Silly suspension.
From the sound of the DoPS video he was already going down the tunnel and returned back to the bench. With that added on top of his history, I think 3 seems fair. He might even be lucky it was ONLY 3.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He really flies under the radar when it comes to being a scumbag I feel. People always bring up Marchand, Wilson, Tkachuk, Cousins etc when it comes to dirty players and it seems like Hartmans name never pops up in those conversations when it probably should.
Because most of his fines and suspensions involve no injury, unless you count people’s feelings.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
But other than his dirty hit on Ehlers, his slew foot on DeBrincat, his high stick on Perfetti, and this, what other suspension worthy acts has he been involved in in the past calendar year?

What an unrepentant piece of shit. I hope he retires.

I don't know why Jets fans of all people come into these Hartman threads expecting sympathy. It's weird.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I don't know why Jets fans of all people come into these Hartman threads expecting sympathy. It's weird.
Who's expecting sympathy? I'd say it's rather noteworthy that Hartman has been suspended thrice and fined once in less than a calendar year.

If it isn't, I'm sure you can point me to several other players who this keeps happening with.

Of course, there aren't any. It's just Hartman. Over and over again, it's Hartman. Quoting noted Jets fan, @uncleben from the suspension thread:

And so, Hartman's clownish legacy continues...

-10 career supplementals (6 fines + 4 suspensions)
-3 supplementals this season (1 fine + 2 suspensions)
-3 chained suspensions in a row - all in one calendar year

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Did the refs also not miss a blatant high stick that changed the game a few minutes prior?
Pretty sure he was staring directly at the play also.

At least someone’s trying to hold the refs accountable ;)

Reactions: jarboy

Geoist

May 1, 2015
NHL giving the refs more protection than the players.........

This.

How many times have we seen dangerous plays that had the potential to end a player's career and the league only gives the offending player a fine or a game? But throw a stick in the general direction of the ref? That gets you 3 games! :facepalm:

Reactions: hn777 and Realgud

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
And Wild fans defend this guy when he does shit like this like 3 times a season.
You’d do the same thing if he played for the Jets. You know, the dirtiest and most undisciplined team of the last decade?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hartman was justifiably hot from an extremely obvious high stick to his head being missed, or flat out not called, in the final seconds of regulation that would've given his team a PP going into OT.

Hartman shouldn't have thrown the stick, obviously, but it can be argued that the non call cost the Wild the game, if not the season.

I get a lot more worked up by infractions that are made with intent to injure, myself. All that was hurt here was the ref's ego, I guess?

Reactions: Geoist

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
You’d do the same thing if he played for the Jets. You know, the dirtiest and most undisciplined team of the last decade?

I don't know how Wild fans can make posts calling another team the "dirtiest" and "undisciplined" team without bursting into laughter, a team that has the 4th highest penalty mins this season and where Hartman and Foligno pretty much have a weekly standing meeting scheduled with DoPS.

Reactions: RRenegade and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad