GDT: Minnesota Wild vs Nashville Predators - 12/20/2014 - "Fight Club" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You misspelled OT winner by Koivu

Koivu doesn't try hard enough to get OT goals.

15 points were handed out to Minnesota players tonight. He had 1.

Grats on the jinx btw.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
about the same time the wild start shooting the puck or playing the body.

Bah.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
You guys are way too negative Nancy, it's Dec. We'll be fine! We may sneak in as a 6-8 but we'll surprise. Not worried. GO WILD!

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Summary

1. The guys made swiss cheese out of Pekka freaking Rinne, but they still lost.
2. Yeo pulled Kuemper before things completely fell apart -> still gave up six goals.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Doesn't matter who is playing in goal when you give up 40 shots in a game.

That doesn't happen often. Still to me its mainly a goaltender problem over anything else. We have been scoring enough goals for the most part

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Hmmm seems like the exact same play that ended the game against Boston.

Scandella should have cross checked his guy in the back of the head when the around the net play was coming so he could defend properly. He didn't do what he needed to do to get out and stop the play from happening and it cost the Wild the game.

If Yeo wants to keep his job Kuemper sits from now on. He's had his chance and has flat out blown it. I'd say send him to Iowa, but well we all know we can't do that. The team IMO must go after a big name FA goaltender this offseason because this is the problem that's holding the Wild back.

The team looked every bit as good as Nashville tonight, and if they didn't have a sieve in net to begin with the Wild probably win by 2 goals. We should be right up there at the top of the West, but this crappy goaltending is holding us back. We'll miss the playoffs at the rate we're going now.

There was some positives tonight. Matt Cooke played well. He plays the game the right way. Yes I actually said that. Another thing I noticed was that Yeo actually realized Rinne is the real reason Nashville wins games this year, and planned the game accordingly. He had guys in his face and on top of him all night. IMO this cost him a few goals tonight as the Wild got into his head.

Last edited:

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Hmmm seems like the exact same play that ended the game against Boston.

Scandella should have cross checked his guy in the back of the head when the around the net play was coming so he could defend properly. He didn't do what he needed to do to get out and stop the play from happening and it cost the Wild the game.

If Yeo wants to keep his job Kuemper sits from now on. He's had his chance and has flat out blown it. I'd say send him to Iowa, but well we all know we can't do that. The team IMO must go after a big name FA goaltender this offseason because this is the problem that's holding the Wild back. If losses like this where the team is close but comes up short

The team looked every bit as good as Nashville tonight, and if they didn't have a sieve in net to begin with the Wild probably win by 2 goals. We should be right up there at the top of the West, but this crappy goaltending is holding us back. We'll miss the playoffs at the rate we're going now.

There was some positives tonight. Matt Cooke played well. He plays the game the right way. Yes I actually said that. Another thing I noticed was that Yeo actually realized Rinne is the real reason Nashville wins games this year, and planned the game accordingly. He had guys in his face and on top of him all night. IMO this cost him a few goals tonight as the Wild got into his head.

This.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pominville(AKA Mr. Softie) was the guy who was beaten along the boards and let his man walk out in front of the net. Spurgeon should've been quicker to help- he's been making mistakes lately- but Pominville has got to account for his man in a 4 on 4 situation.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
So Darcy has been pulled 4 of the last 5 home games. How many times total has he been pulled this season and been given the chance to bounce back but can't do it? He is so rattled, it's painful to watch now.

Yeo's rant at practice didn't help anything, Parise saying it's time to stop losing didn't help, Cooke coming back didn't help (Although he looked good). I'm probably over reacting in December but maybe this team just isn't that good.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Backstrom allowed some goals, but you have to look at the ones he allowed vs. the ones Kemps allowed. It should be Backy's net for a while. I wanted him gone this past summer and ragged on him so many times, but he's the best guy we have right now in that net. Way more confident than the other crease monkey. I feel better with him in net, and you can't tell me the team doesn't feel better too. Starting Kuemper (especially at home) is nearly a guarantee that we're gonna fall behind the eight ball. Enough of forcing him to play out of his slump, Yeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad