GDT: Minnesota Wild vs. Minnesota Wild, Jan 16th 2013 @ 7pm on FSN/KFAN

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Every physical skill starts with skating. We can clearly see that Suter. The guy just glides all over the place, and that's where his elite overall skill level is founded. It's just one unofficial game, but it didn't clash with what we've been hearing about Dumba. He looked too much like a miniature Cam Barker--a pylon just floating around.

grumpy_cat_meme_2_by_jinxxnixx-d5m15cj.jpg

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
A lot does. Like other people have said, I disagree with you about the degree of his "poor" skating. I think it's at least on a passable level, and when you add in his other attributes. Yeah, he might get beat on outside once or twice, but he's also going to do a lot of good things on the offensive end.

The Barker comparison is just mean.

And if everything starts with skating, you should be Zucker's biggest fan right now. Kid can fly.

Yeo likes his skating...

On Dumba, Yeo said, “He’s confident, you’ve got to like that. He shows a lot of poise with the puck and wants to be in those situations and wants the puck. Physically, battle-wise, he’s strong. Skating ability is excellent. Certainly some aspects of his game that we’ll have to work on, but in time we can definitely help him with those things.”

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
The crowd was pretty quiet tonight but that was to be expected I think. As Ryn alluded to there were a lot of kids in the crowd which probably had something to do with it.

Speaking of kids, I had quite the run-in with one tonight. I happen to be the tallest of my group of friends that was at the game tonight so I was able to outbattle them and catch one of the mini parachutes that was dropped with a shirt and gloves attached. I sit down feeling pretty happy with myself then all of a sudden the kid in front me starts yelling "He grabbed it out of my hands! That guy took it out of my hands!" Everyone around me kind of starts laughing because they saw what happened and we weren't sure if this kid was serious or not. I was a row above him and 3 feet taller than him and I had to jump to catch it, so clearly the kid was nowhere near it. The kid kept yelling about it so I gave it to him, but he didn't even say thank you. I had no problem giving it to a kid but I could not believe how much of a spoiled brat this one was.

Last edited:

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Loving all the positive Dumba talk after some around here being down on him. I thought he looked pretty good in the scrimmage as well and didn't see the skating issue that some were seeing

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The crowd was pretty quiet tonight but that was to be expected I think. As Ryn alluded to there were a lot of kids in the crowd which probably had something to do with it.

Speaking of kids, I had quite the run-in with one tonight. I happen to be the tallest of my group of friends that was at the game tonight so I was able to outbattle them and catch one of the mini parachutes that was dropped with a shirt and gloves attached. I sit down feeling pretty happy with myself then all of a sudden the kid in front me starts yelling "He grabbed it out of my hands! That guy took it out of my hands!" Everyone around me kind of starts laughing because they saw what happened and we weren't sure if this kid was serious or not. I was a row above him and 3 feet taller than him and I had to jump to catch it, so clearly the kid was nowhere near it. The kid kept yelling about it so I gave it to him, but he didn't even say thank you. I had no problem giving it to a kid but I could believe how much of a spoiled brat this one was.
Sounds like a scene from the recent CBA negotiations. :sarcasm:

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
People sitting behind me

"I think a shootout is when every player shoots and then they add up the score"

"How many quarters are there in this"

also this small child in front of us eating his chair with a Pirates batting helmet on. Pretty sweet night.

ah3FN.jpg

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
People sitting behind me

"I think a shootout is when every player shoots and then they add up the score"

"How many quarters are there in this"

also this small child in front of us eating his chair with a Pirates batting helmet on. Pretty sweet night.

ah3FN.jpg

Yeah not the most knowledgeable hockey crowd tonight. :laugh:

A lot of people were just there to be there, not to watch the game.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Excited to see what happens in the morning, lots of decisions to be made into the wee hours tonight. Poor Yeo, he's already looked exhausted in every interview I've seen.

OpRedDawn*

I set my dvr to record 20 min extra even, and I only got up to Seto for the shootout. Did I miss much? ( I just saw the spurgie goal)

EDIT: nvm i see its on the website, noice

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
That was sweet. And I mean frosted marshmallows on top of a chocolate cake -sweet.

And Jaykay, should've taken the gloves back. ****ing brats. Personally, I wouldn't have given the gloves after that claim. If he asked nicely, then yes, but not in that way.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

Speaking of kids, I had quite the run-in with one tonight. I happen to be the tallest of my group of friends that was at the game tonight so I was able to outbattle them and catch one of the mini parachutes that was dropped with a shirt and gloves attached. I sit down feeling pretty happy with myself then all of a sudden the kid in front me starts yelling "He grabbed it out of my hands! That guy took it out of my hands!" Everyone around me kind of starts laughing because they saw what happened and we weren't sure if this kid was serious or not. I was a row above him and 3 feet taller than him and I had to jump to catch it, so clearly the kid was nowhere near it. The kid kept yelling about it so I gave it to him, but he didn't even say thank you. I had no problem giving it to a kid but I could believe how much of a spoiled brat this one was.

Jesus, I don't really like kids. Where were his parents? Being miserable and ignoring him?

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Jesus, I don't really like kids. Where were his parents? Being miserable and ignoring him?

I forgot to mention that, his parents did absolutely nothing until his dad gave me a "Hey thanks" about five minutes later. They didn't even say anything to the kid about it which makes me think he's just allowed to do that whenever he wants.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
That was sweet. And I mean frosted marshmallows on top of a chocolate cake -sweet.

And Jaykay, should've taken the gloves back. ****ing brats. Personally, I wouldn't have given the gloves after that claim. If he asked nicely, then yes, but not in that way.

I know, I just gave them to him because I didn't need a kid yelling at me about gloves I didn't really care about. It wasn't the time nor place to give him a morality lesson that he surely wouldn't retain.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
Also, I legitimately did not know Paul Mara was part of our team now?

When did this happen, and he doesn't actually have a chance on playing with the Wild, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad