Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Suter - Gilbert
Brodin - Scandella
Stoner - Falk

Eh. I'd like to split up Brodin and Scandella, but overall I like it.

I sure hope that Scandella's noggin is fine, because I predict the Blues will try to get overly physical with Brodin, to intimidate the rookie. So someone will need to help him out.

I also agree that Suter-Gilbert is a bad pairing. Gilbert needs to be with someone very strong defensivly, as he is not good on D. And thus far this year, neither had Suter been.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I sure hope that Scandella's noggin is fine, because I predict the Blues will try to get overly physical with Brodin, to intimidate the rookie. So someone will need to help him out.

I also agree that Suter-Gilbert is a bad pairing. Gilbert needs to be with someone very strong defensivly, as he is not good on D. And thus far this year, neither had Suter been.

St. Louis is usually physical with everyone. I expect to see Granlund tossed around like a rag doll.

I don't think the Suter - Gilbert pairing is bad for the reason you listed. Gilbert is underrated defensively. Also, out of our entire D-corps, I think Suter is bar-none the strongest defensively. He hasn't played well in the past few games, but he's by far our best defenseman.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm fine with seeing...

Suter - Gilbert
Stoner - Brodin
Scandella - Falk

... for a little while longer. Let Brodin and Scandella actually play their way into bigger minutes and hopefully we end up with something like this, and can be off and running...

Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Gilbert
Stoner/Falk - Spurgeon

pbunder

Jul 5, 2010
Minnesota
Thinking 4-2 Wild, with Backes on both goals. Blues are my second team to watch, so I'll only be mostly disappointed if Wild lose.

RE: Brodin. I feel like once his game stamina is back in a good place, he should be paired with suter.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I am kind of scared about our goalie situation and wondering what everyone thinks... before Harding sadly got diagnosed with MS, I truly thought he would be our number 1 and maybe even Back would be let go. Now, obviously things are different. We cannot afford to let go with the uncertainty of Harding.

What does everyone think is going to happen concerning the goalie situation, say, in the next few years?

Does everyone feel comfortable with this current pairing?

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
For some reason I have a good feeling about tonight I don't know why I think our second and third lines will step up and contribute to a 4-2 win. Go Wild!

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I am kind of scared about our goalie situation and wondering what everyone thinks... before Harding sadly got diagnosed with MS, I truly thought he would be our number 1 and maybe even Back would be let go. Now, obviously things are different. We cannot afford to let go with the uncertainty of Harding.

What does everyone think is going to happen concerning the goalie situation, say, in the next few years?

Does everyone feel comfortable with this current pairing?

Harding was/will never be a #1 goalie, and that was before the MS announcement. He is a good quality backup, but not a guy you can ride for a whole season.

I think the Wild will not re-sign Backs after the season (unless cheap) and then we will struggle a bit next year, but after that, Hackett & Kuemper will be fine...not superstars, but fine.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Harding was/will never be a #1 goalie, and that was before the MS announcement. He is a good quality backup, but not a guy you can ride for a whole season.

I think the Wild will not re-sign Backs after the season (unless cheap) and then we will struggle a bit next year, but after that, Hackett & Kuemper will be fine...not superstars, but fine.

Yeah, that makes sense. I haven't watched Hackett and Kuemper enough to know much about them so it's good you feel this way.

Yes, I don't see us resigning Backs either.

Billy Mays Here*

Will be a physical game with lots of chirping back and forth and one fight for sure if not two, maybe even three and a number of group pile-ups around each net. Not feeling too confident about this one though, so I'll go 3-0 Blues with Tarasenko, Backes, and Shattenkirk scoring.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
While I'm betting against the Wild, I really just want to see a tight game where the Wild play a full 60 minutes. Also I really want to see Suter take control at some point. If we lose 3-4 or 4-5, I won't be disappointed.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I'm very confused. When the game is going to start..?

7PM CST.. but is it really 1:00 AM here as Viaplay says.. or.
Like three hours from now?? Is it me and my math..

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'm very confused. When the game is going to start..?

7PM CST.. but is it really 1:00 AM here as Viaplay says.. or.
Like three hours from now?? Is it me and my math..

It starts 3 AM in Finland.

Easiest way to check the starting times of the games in Finland is via Yle teksti-tv, imo. 255/2.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It starts 3 AM in Finland.

Easiest way to check the starting times of the games in Finland is via Yle teksti-tv, imo. 255/2.

Yeah, that's what I thought also. 3 AM.
Viaplay has it all wrong then. They say that:

STL-MIN
MTL-NJ
TB-PHI

..all start at 1:00 AM (wrong time). Thanks!

E: Alsto, interesting thing is that YLE teksti-TV page 235 says 1:00 AM (wrong) but page 255 says 3:00 AM (right)... :shakehead

Last edited:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Blues fan here:

I'm really pulling for Minnesota to win your division this year. People forget how strong of a start the Wild had last season before injuries devastated the team.

The Blues aren't really playing their game yet, at least not consistently. Last night, they really only had one good period (the second) where they played their forecheck and fast transition game. They've managed to win and get points out of games where they may not have deserved to win.

That said, they haven't allowed a goal at home yet. It will be interesting to see how much the home crowd helps on a back-to-back. I think the Blues will have a bounce-back performance in terms of playing the system much more consistently than last night. Also, Elliott has looked sharper than Halak early this season (despite Halak's two shut-outs).

Should be a good game. Watch for #91 Vladimir Tarasenko. For those who don't follow the league as closely as your own team, he's a very special rookie and may be the biggest competition with Granlund for the Calder.

Looking forward to remembering why I can't stand Clutterbuck and want him on my team.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yeah, that's what I thought also. 3 AM.
Viaplay has it all wrong then. They say that:

STL-MIN
MTL-NJ
TB-PHI

..all start at 1:00 AM (wrong time). Thanks!

E: Alsto, interesting thing is that YLE teksti-TV page 235 says 1:00 AM (wrong) but page 255 says 3:00 AM (right)... :shakehead

Yeah, there are sometimes troubles in 235 page but 255 has been right every time so far.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Should be a good game. Watch for #91 Vladimir Tarasenko. For those who don't follow the league as closely as your own team, he's a very special rookie and may be the biggest competition with Granlund for the Calder.

I think Tarasenko is in his own tier in the Calder race.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Wild vs. Blues games are typically pretty entertaining.

Say that on the main board and you'll get flamed to death. Don't you know that teams that play with structure and defense are automatically boring and should be banned from the NHL?

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
So I'm going to miss this game tonight, but still want to watch it and not know the score beforehand, does FSN ever replay games like later in the night?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So I'm going to miss this game tonight, but still want to watch it and not know the score beforehand, does FSN ever replay games like later in the night?

Sometimes at like 2-3 in the morning central time. But the game is on NBCSN(VS) not FSN so I'm not sure if they will.

RxDangles19

Jun 28, 2011
Duluth, MN
What's with all the negativity?

I like the line swaps of Butch and Cullen.

The D pairings are exactly as I would set them up tonight.

Should be a tough game but there is no reason why we shouldn't be competitive tonight and maybe pull off a W.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
What's with all the negativity?

I like the line swaps of Butch and Cullen.

The D pairings are exactly as I would set them up tonight.

Should be a tough game but there is no reason why we shouldn't be competitive tonight and maybe pull off a W.

Exactly. While St. Louis is a tough team, we were supposed to beat NSH and DET. No reason why we can't pull off an upset tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad