Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Appreciate that, thank you! The start times for the threads have been a little wonky with my work schedule (4am!), but we are getting there. Certainly helps to have arguably the best prospect pool in the league to discuss.
We need better depth at goalie before we can say that. I will say that we are top 5...maybe even top 3 and that's with Boldy graduating

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Appreciate that, thank you! The start times for the threads have been a little wonky with my work schedule (4am!), but we are getting there. Certainly helps to have arguably the best prospect pool in the league to discuss.
:fence::banana:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Show them side by side 1-20 and tell me why Columbus or Detroit or Anaheim are better. Buffalo is the only one with a legit argument for being better IMO.

I'm super confused on how Anaheim could be considered better by any stretch of the imagination. Zegras and Drysdale are graduated, that leaves McTavish and... a bunch of mid grade guys?

Columbus, I don't know, maybe if you really like Ceulemans. Sillinger and Chinakhov are graduated there, but Jiricek and Johnson are good prospects.

Wings were a really good pool but with Seider and Raymond graduated I can't see a great argument there either.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
To me it’s some combination of Khusnutdinov or Peart here.

And whether you like the sure bet Khusnutdinov who will absolutely play a role in the NHL based on his game and skating. Only question is if he can stick at center and how high is ceiling is. Or Peart, who I think has massive discrepancies between his absolute potential and the likelihood he carves out an NHL career.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I'm super confused on how Anaheim could be considered better by any stretch of the imagination. Zegras and Drysdale are graduated, that leaves McTavish and... a bunch of mid grade guys?

Columbus, I don't know, maybe if you really like Ceulemans. Sillinger and Chinakhov are graduated there, but Jiricek and Johnson are good prospects.

Wings were a really good pool but with Seider and Raymond graduated I can't see a great argument there either.

I hadn't watched much of Ceulemans, but have watched all his full games this summer at the Canada camp, my impression solely off of his play in these mid-summer, but competitive, games: Not a good player at the current moment, poor decision making, mediocre puck skills, poor balance and awkward skating, gets beaten by speed and misreads his lane coverage. I see the physical tools as having potential, but he is a long way off from being an effective player at higher levels.

tl:dr I do not really like Ceulemans.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Show them side by side 1-20 and tell me why Columbus or Detroit or Anaheim are better. Buffalo is the only one with a legit argument for being better IMO.
Let's do the top 10 from each group based off what their fans have to say, I'm also having to use this from mid-season: The NHL's Top 100 Prospects - Midseason Rankings

Detroit:
  1. LD Simon Edvinsson
  2. LC Marco Kasper
  3. RW Jonatan Berggren
  4. LD Albert Johansson
  5. GT Sebastian Cossa
  6. RD William Wallinder
  7. LW Elmer Söderblom
  8. LD Shai Buium
  9. LW Dmitri Buchelnikov
  10. LW Dylan James

Anaheim:
1. Mctavish, C
2. Mintyukov, LHD
3. Dostal, G
4. Zellweger, LHD
5. Perreault, RW
6. Gaucher, C
7. Luneau, RHD
8. Pastujov, RW
9. Thrun, LHD
10. Clang, G

Columbus:
1. Johnson
2. Jiricek
3. Mateychuck
4. Marchenko
5. Ceulemans
6. Tarasov
7. Del Bel Belluz
8. Blankenburg
9. Voronkov
10. Foudy

Minnesota:
1. Marco Rossi (65%)
2. Jesper Wallstedt (96%)
3. Danila Yurov (45.3%)
4. Carson Lambos (59.0%)
5. Brock Faber (60.3%)
6. Liam Ohgren (76.4%)
7. Calen Addison (50%)
8. Ryan O'Rourke
9. Marat Khusnutsdinov
10. Adam Beckman

Minnesota Wild has depth, but the question is how high the ceiling is that depth and when is that depth going to come over here? Yurov and Khusnutsdinov are both in Russia and there is question if they are going to stay or come over. More so, Minnesota has one legitimate center in the top 10 and after that there are some question marks if Khusnutsdinov is going to stick or not at pivot. More so, there is huge question marks after about the 2nd or 3rd guy in Minnesota's prospect pool. I'd say after the 3rd guy about how high their ceilings are. Lambos maybe end up being a middle pair guy, Faber too.

Anaheim Ducks have a lot of balance with their group with two goalies, a couple of wingers, a talented center and some strong depth at defense.

I can see an argument against Columbus, because like Minnesota they have set up their prospect pool with depth at defensemen.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I wonder who had the "best" prospect pool in ~2017 and how they're doing.

Bleacher has Tampa Bay?

LWOS

1/ Philadelphia
2/ Arizona
3/ New Jersey
4/ Nashville
5/ Minnesota
6/ Carolina
7/ Vancouver
8/ Tampa Bay
9/ New York
10/ Blues

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Bleacher has Tampa Bay?

LWOS

1/ Philadelphia
2/ Arizona
3/ New Jersey
4/ Nashville
5/ Minnesota
6/ Carolina
7/ Vancouver
8/ Tampa Bay
9/ New York
10/ Blues
That Philly vs. Arizona Cup matchup... any day now...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Let's do the top 10 from each group based off what their fans have to say, I'm also having to use this from mid-season: The NHL's Top 100 Prospects - Midseason Rankings

Detroit:
  1. LD Simon Edvinsson
  2. LC Marco Kasper
  3. RW Jonatan Berggren
  4. LD Albert Johansson
  5. GT Sebastian Cossa
  6. RD William Wallinder
  7. LW Elmer Söderblom
  8. LD Shai Buium
  9. LW Dmitri Buchelnikov
  10. LW Dylan James

Anaheim:
1. Mctavish, C
2. Mintyukov, LHD
3. Dostal, G
4. Zellweger, LHD
5. Perreault, RW
6. Gaucher, C
7. Luneau, RHD
8. Pastujov, RW
9. Thrun, LHD
10. Clang, G

Columbus:
1. Johnson
2. Jiricek
3. Mateychuck
4. Marchenko
5. Ceulemans
6. Tarasov
7. Del Bel Belluz
8. Blankenburg
9. Voronkov
10. Foudy

Minnesota:
1. Marco Rossi (65%)
2. Jesper Wallstedt (96%)
3. Danila Yurov (45.3%)
4. Carson Lambos (59.0%)
5. Brock Faber (60.3%)
6. Liam Ohgren (76.4%)
7. Calen Addison (50%)
8. Ryan O'Rourke
9. Marat Khusnutsdinov
10. Adam Beckman

Minnesota Wild has depth, but the question is how high the ceiling is that depth and when is that depth going to come over here? Yurov and Khusnutsdinov are both in Russia and there is question if they are going to stay or come over. More so, Minnesota has one legitimate center in the top 10 and after that there are some question marks if Khusnutsdinov is going to stick or not at pivot. More so, there is huge question marks after about the 2nd or 3rd guy in Minnesota's prospect pool. I'd say after the 3rd guy about how high their ceilings are. Lambos maybe end up being a middle pair guy, Faber too.

Anaheim Ducks have a lot of balance with their group with two goalies, a couple of wingers, a talented center and some strong depth at defense.

I can see an argument against Columbus, because like Minnesota they have set up their prospect pool with depth at defensemen.
And the other teams, after the 2nd/3rd guys, are just a murder's row of iron-clad no-doubters?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Absolutely there is.

BTW Minnesota has done a fantastic job of building up their base without multiple top 10 pick.
Our 3-7 is better than all of Detroit, Columbus, and Anaheim. 7-15 is where our prospects really start to separate from the other teams. The only spot I would say we don’t have as good of players is 1 and 2 specifically comparing against Columbus.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Our 3-7 is better than all of Detroit, Columbus, and Anaheim. 7-15 is where our prospects really start to separate from the other teams. The only spot I would say we don’t have as good of players is 1 and 2 specifically comparing against Columbus.
The problem is you're comparing players of different positions.

1. LD Simon Edvinsson > Carson Lambos
  2. LC Marco Kasper = Marco Rossi
  3. RW Jonatan Berggren > Daniela Yurov (Berggren is already in the AHL playing)
  4. LD Albert Johansson > Ryan O'Rourke
  5. GT Sebastian Cossa < Jasper Wallstedt
  6. RD William Wallinder = Brock Faber (I have no idea, apparently outside of Edvinsson, he's their best defensive prospect, which is debatable as some have Johansson above Wallinder)
  7. LW Elmer Söderblom = Adam Beckman
  8. LD Shai Buium = Daemon Hunt
  9. LW Dmitri Buchelnikov
  10. LW Dylan James

Anaheim:
1. Mctavish, C > Rossi
2. Mintyukov, LHD > Lambos
3. Dostal, G < Wallstedt
4. Zellweger, LHD > O'Rourke
5. Perreault, RW > Yurov
6. Gaucher, C > Khusnutsdinov
7. Luneau, RHD = Faber
8. Pastujov, RW > Novak?
9. Thrun, LHD > Hunt
10. Clang, G >>> Jones

Columbus:
1. Johnson > Rossi
2. Jiricek > Faber
3. Mateychuk = Lambos
4. Marchenko = Yurov
5. Ceulemans = Addison
6. Tarasov < Wallstedt
7. Del Bel Belluz > Khusnutsdinov
8. Blankenburg
9. Voronkov
10. Foudy > ?

P10p

May 15, 2012
The problem is you're comparing players of different positions.

1. LD Simon Edvinsson > Carson Lambos
  2. LC Marco Kasper = Marco Rossi
  3. RW Jonatan Berggren > Daniela Yurov (Berggren is already in the AHL playing)
  4. LD Albert Johansson > Ryan O'Rourke
  5. GT Sebastian Cossa < Jasper Wallstedt
  6. RD William Wallinder = Brock Faber (I have no idea, apparently outside of Edvinsson, he's their best defensive prospect, which is debatable as some have Johansson above Wallinder)
  7. LW Elmer Söderblom = Adam Beckman
  8. LD Shai Buium = Daemon Hunt
  9. LW Dmitri Buchelnikov
  10. LW Dylan James

Anaheim:
1. Mctavish, C > Rossi
2. Mintyukov, LHD > Lambos
3. Dostal, G < Wallstedt
4. Zellweger, LHD > O'Rourke
5. Perreault, RW > Yurov
6. Gaucher, C > Khusnutsdinov
7. Luneau, RHD = Faber
8. Pastujov, RW > Novak?
9. Thrun, LHD > Hunt
10. Clang, G >>> Jones

Columbus:
1. Johnson > Rossi
2. Jiricek > Faber
3. Mateychuk = Lambos
4. Marchenko = Yurov
5. Ceulemans = Addison
6. Tarasov < Wallstedt
7. Del Bel Belluz > Khusnutsdinov
8. Blankenburg
9. Voronkov
10. Foudy > ?

So wrong on so many of these....

Thinking Detroit has a better pool than us is comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad