• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
What do you mean "sort of"? He is newer by all measurements lol
The circumstances in the way they came into the organization.

Ohgren is a draft pick (and came via the Fiala trade, but that was a mystery box). I feel like guys that teams trade for instead of a draft pick tend to be seen a little higher. They target specifically Faber, but they may have had a wide net and Ohgren happened to drop instead of maybe Kemell or Lekkerimarki. Kind of a runner up sort of thing.

So sort of as the two of them came into the organizations in different manners. One was specifically traded for, one was drafted. The sort of was the whole shiny new prospect in terms of how they were acquired.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I thought he was in past years, but I think we've picked up a few who jump ahead of him atm, forcing him out of top 5. I have him in the same tier as Lambos, Faber and Ohgren.

I've always had O'Rourke in the tier behind Lambos. I've had Lambos in the gap between Boldy/Rossi and the rest of the prospects, but closer to Boldy/Rossi. I think Faber and O'Rourke are the same side of the same coin, they just hold their sticks differently. Lambos is the one of the three with actual top pair upside to me.

Boldy/Rossi/Yurov
Lambos
O'Rourke/Faber/Khusnutdinov/Addison/Beckman
Haight/Peart/Hunt/Firstov

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I've always had O'Rourke in the tier behind Lambos. I've had Lambos in the gap between Boldy/Rossi and the rest of the prospects, but closer to Boldy/Rossi. I think Faber and O'Rourke are the same side of the same coin, they just hold their sticks differently. Lambos is the one of the three with actual top pair upside to me.

Boldy/Rossi/Yurov
Lambos
That higher upside is why I have Lambos at the top of the same tier. I don't think it's a huge upside gap between them though.

Edit:
I just noticed I don't see Ohgren in your post?

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Boldy/Rossi/Yurov
Lambos
Is Ohgren in the Lambos tier?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That higher upside is why I have Lambos at the top of the same tier. I don't think it's a huge upside gap between them though.

Edit:
I just noticed I don't see Ohgren in your post?

I noticed that after I posted, which is funny because I voted for Ohgren here. I have him in another half-tier area below Lambos but above the O'Rourke/etc tier.

And I intentionally leave Wallstedt out because he's a goalie.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'd put Lambos a bit higher, it's all pretty fluid. This is what I have:

S Tier (Franchise defining player):
Jesper Wallstedt

A (Top 6/Top 2 Pairing):
Marco Rossi (could move into S tier with a good AHL season)
Danila Yurov
Carson Lambos
Brock Faber

B (Middle 6, Mid-to Bottom Pairing):
Marat Khusnutdinov
Hunter Haight (could move into A tier with a good CHL season)
Adam Beckman
Liam Ohgren
Caden Addison
Ryan O'Rourke
Jack Peart
Ryan Healey
David Spacek

C (Bottom 6/Emergency Defenseman):
Caeden Bankier
Servac Petrovsky (could move into B with a good season)
Rieger Lorenz (could move into B with a good season)
Mikey Milne
Daemon Hunt

D (AHLer):
Sam Hentges
Mason Shaw
Damien Giroux
Vladislav Firstov
Pavel Novak
Josh Pillar
Simon Johansson

F (Warm body/Prospect that won't sign):
Alexander Khovanov
Nikita Nesterenko
Matvei Guskov
Andrei Svetlakov
Marshall Warren
Hunter Jones

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd put Lambos a bit higher, it's all pretty fluid. This is what I have:

S Tier (Franchise defining player):
Jesper Wallstedt

A (Top 6/Top 2 Pairing):
Marco Rossi (could move into S tier with a good AHL season)
Danila Yurov
Carson Lambos
Brock Faber

B (Middle 6, Mid-to Bottom Pairing):
Marat Khusnutdinov
Hunter Haight (could move into A tier with a good CHL season)
Adam Beckman
Liam Ohgren
Caden Addison
Ryan O'Rourke
Jack Peart
Ryan Healey
David Spacek

C (Bottom 6/Emergency Defenseman):
Caeden Bankier
Servac Petrovsky (could move into B with a good season)
Rieger Lorenz (could move into B with a good season)
Mikey Milne
Daemon Hunt

D (AHLer):
Sam Hentges
Mason Shaw
Damien Giroux
Vladislav Firstov
Pavel Novak
Josh Pillar
Simon Johansson

F (Warm body/Prospect that won't sign):
Alexander Khovanov
Nikita Nesterenko
Matvei Guskov
Andrei Svetlakov
Marshall Warren
Hunter Jones
I feel like Ohgren stands out like a sore thumb in that B group. I’d put him in the A group and Rossi could definitely be S tier. I feel like the rest is mostly spot on.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I feel like Ohgren stands out like a sore thumb in that B group. I’d put him in the A group and Rossi could definitely be S tier. I feel like the rest is mostly spot on.
And that's fair. I think Ohgren and Rossi are hard to peg right now. This'll be Rossi's +2 season and he's quickly becoming a 'forgotten' prospect due to his quiet season last season. I mean, he didn't even get selected for the All Rookie Team in the AHL. Quinn also took home the honors. I want to see Rossi have a truly electric year in the AHL before moving him up to the S Tier. Like All-Star caliber or at least 60 points in the NHL.

As for Oghren, I've mainly read that he tops out as a middle 6 forward. I think he could move up to the A Tier if he shows that he can continue driving play.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
And that's fair. I think Ohgren and Rossi are hard to peg right now. This'll be Rossi's +2 season and he's quickly becoming a 'forgotten' prospect due to his quiet season last season. I mean, he didn't even get selected for the All Rookie Team in the AHL. Quinn also took home the honors. I want to see Rossi have a truly electric year in the AHL before moving him up to the S Tier. Like All-Star caliber or at least 60 points in the NHL.

As for Oghren, I've mainly read that he tops out as a middle 6 forward. I think he could move up to the A Tier if he shows that he can continue driving play.
I don’t think Rossi will be in the AHL much, if at all, this year. So it’ll be hard for hard for him to meet that standard.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will be very interested to see how Rossi looks in the fall. I won't be mad at all if he starts in Iowa, and someone like Chaffee or Shaw is called up. Want Rossi to have a head of steam coming into the NHL, and be game sharp. I do think that playing on a line with Boldy and Gaudreau is near ideal. Boldy and have proven semi- chemistry, Gaudreau can add speed, and defense. Boldy should be a bit bigger and stronger this year, allowing him to win some of the physical battles, but this will be more of a skilled line, not grinders. This line should also get some favorable matchups. Not sure if Rossi opr Gaudreau should play C. Long term i want Rossi to be a C for this team, and he plays the position well, but that line might be better having Gaudreau playing C.

Also hope that Rossi gets PP TOI... that is a place where he should do well.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I will be very interested to see how Rossi looks in the fall. I won't be mad at all if he starts in Iowa, and someone like Chaffee or Shaw is called up. Want Rossi to have a head of steam coming into the NHL, and be game sharp. I do think that playing on a line with Boldy and Gaudreau is near ideal. Boldy and have proven semi- chemistry, Gaudreau can add speed, and defense. Boldy should be a bit bigger and stronger this year, allowing him to win some of the physical battles, but this will be more of a skilled line, not grinders. This line should also get some favorable matchups. Not sure if Rossi opr Gaudreau should play C. Long term i want Rossi to be a C for this team, and he plays the position well, but that line might be better having Gaudreau playing C.

Also hope that Rossi gets PP TOI... that is a place where he should do well.

I have Rossi penciled in as the PP1 center, myself, as soon as he makes the team.

Kaprizov-Rossi-Boldy
Zuccarello-Addison

But I wouldn't be surprised if Evason prefers something like

Kaprizov-Ek-Zuccarello
Goligoski-Spurgeon

Foligno-Rossi-Boldy
Gaudreau-Dumba

Or something goofy like that

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don’t think Rossi will be in the AHL much, if at all, this year. So it’ll be hard for hard for him to meet that standard.
I am uncertain how they view Rossi. Guerin made some off handed remarks and he ended the season on the injured list. My concern is that Rossi ends up like Granlund. He'll top 40ish points as a center and have trouble adjusting before moving to wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca