Prospect Info: Minnesota Wild Prospect Ranking - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Sort of funny, a ton of people talk about a "Big 4" with Greenway as a part of it, not Olofsson, yet Olofsson is winning this poll. Are the Greenway supporters fewer but just louder, or is there some reason Greenway has fallen in this one?

Olofsson's barely a prospect anymore, so I'd say that contributes more to the "Big 4" talk and Olofsson being excluded.

Also, Greenway's yuge.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, I don't really view Olofsson as a prospect. But with the options on the poll I'd say this is where he belongs.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Olofsson only has played 15 NHL games...he might have a roster spot inked in but he's far from an established NHL player (or a bust).

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Olofsson only has played 15 NHL games...he might have a roster spot inked in but he's far from an established NHL player (or a bust).

He's been playing top-pairing minutes in Iowa since 2013-14, with 120 professional games under his belt.

When it comes to experience, Olofsson's miles ahead of any other prospect - Including Eriksson-Ek who's played 60 pro games in the SHL since 2014-15.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He's been playing top-pairing minutes in Iowa since 2013-14, with 120 professional games under his belt.

When it comes to experience, Olofsson's miles ahead of any other prospect - Including Eriksson-Ek who's played 60 pro games in the SHL since 2014-15.

SHL is a better league than the AHL.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Four seasons and only 120 games. What does that tell you?

He missed one full AHL season in 2016 by getting injured during the 1st game of the season, played a portion of another season in the NHL, and missed 1/3 of another AHL season to injury.

He gets injured more than I'd like for a 21 year old prospect, but I think that 2016 injury inflates his numbers.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Four seasons and only 120 games. What does that tell you?

3 seasons. Unless you count playing in the NCAA and getting 8 games in the NHL as a full year. That makes it 135 games, as well. Drastically changes the perception.

Played a full year last year. Turning things around, probably due to being able to actually prepare his body for the grueling season. While I don't see this season as make or break for him, I see this as a year in determining whether we see him in the long-term plans with the M.Wild.

Really wish he stayed another year in the NCAA. But he took a good step forward last year and another this year isn't farfetched.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad