GDT: Minnesota Wild @ Phoenix Coyotes | 2-4-13 | 7PM

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Just watched the highlights, and by the looks of it that was, as predicted, a very defensive based game. Few big saves from Smitty sure as hell helped, too. Oh well, good to grab another W and some momentum.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Tip saying Schlemko has a significant injury, hasn't talked to doctors but says week to week.

Well that's really gonna hurt our options as far as trading a D for a forward. Even if it wasn't gonna be Schlemko himself traded.

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
Tip saying Schlemko has a significant injury, hasn't talked to doctors but says week to week.

Given the way he fell, a significant injury means either a separated shoulder or a broken collarbone - neither are very good. Why does this happen to Schlemko 2 years in a row? He was playing well early last year before he got banged up.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Just got back from the game... phew! We got luck on our side on this one. Great first period, other than that, really the game can be summed up by a skate save by Yandle & 2 posts, all in our favor. Damn, those things usually work against us.

Glad we were able to steal 2 points.

Agreed (particularly regarding the first), but let's not forget that we had two trickle behind Backstrom that refused to go in. Excellent pk that put us on top.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well that's really gonna hurt our options as far as trading a D for a forward. Even if it wasn't gonna be Schlemko himself traded.

I think our best option is getting Klesla back then trading him before he gets hurt again. Since we have to trade dollar for dollar, his higher salary makes more sense to bring back someone decent. Plus if we're going to move a dman, let's move the guy that misses a big chunck of every season. His talent alone or combined with some other assets could bring back a very good forward. After these last few games, I'm convinced Tippet can make his system work with our younger, more offensive dmen. That gives us a real chance to be dangerous on both ends if we can upgrade a bit at forward, especially the center spot.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@bretthansen5: Last night’s @phoenixcoyotes rating on @FOXSPORTSAZ = #Coyotes highest regular season TV rtg since 2004. It did a 1.5 in PHX (2.0 peak)"

Clearly improvement is happening. I believe the Oilers game was the previous highest since 2010. Another factor could be that people are discouraged with the ownership situation and wont go but still care and watch the TV broadcasts. But in a grand scheme, it shows that the Coyotes should be on the regular FSN as much as possible.

I think the Suns are down 37% so their ratings are probably around the 2-3 range right now. Its what we all suspected, a down Suns team will put more eyes on the Coyotes which eventually translates to higher attendance. So much potential that I hate seeing destroyed by this ownership stuff.

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Clearly improvement is happening. I believe the Oilers game was the previous highest since 2010. Another factor could be that people are discouraged with the ownership situation and wont go but still care and watch the TV broadcasts. But in a grand scheme, it shows that the Coyotes should be on the regular FSN as much as possible.

It makes you wonder what the viewership would be on regular fox, without a strike, and with a real owner. Looks more promising...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think the Suns are down 37%

Simpsons-Nelson-haha.jpg

Couldn't happen to a better organization. So, really, the Coyotes are close to drawing Suns numbers? Impressive. What do the D'Backs usually do?

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
What do the D'Backs usually do?

Last year they had a pretty decent increase in their ratings and averaged a 4.2. That is about 77,000 eyeballs. The Coyotes 2 years ago only averaged a .5; I would suspect that the Dbacks fall down a point this year.

I am using my rough match but that means about 27,000 viewers watched last night's Coyotes game.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Simpsons-Nelson-haha.jpg

Couldn't happen to a better organization. So, really, the Coyotes are close to drawing Suns numbers? Impressive. What do the D'Backs usually do?

Ahhh... is it foolish to daydream of nights when the Yotes are on FOXSports and the Suns are on FoxSports+, or can I be excused that indulgence?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
that the Dbacks fall down a point this year.

Which would make sense considering last year they were coming off a playoff run. Same goes for the Coyotes.

Where as the Suns are coming off of a terrible season, from a terrible off season and into a new terrible season.

I think our best option is getting Klesla back then trading him before he gets hurt again. Since we have to trade dollar for dollar, his higher salary makes more sense to bring back someone decent. Plus if we're going to move a dman, let's move the guy that misses a big chunck of every season. His talent alone or combined with some other assets could bring back a very good forward. After these last few games, I'm convinced Tippet can make his system work with our younger, more offensive dmen. That gives us a real chance to be dangerous on both ends if we can upgrade a bit at forward, especially the center spot.

If Schlemko were healthy I'd have done that. But I think we need that steady play out of that spot whether it's from Schlemko or Klesla. Lets face it, so far Schlemko misses a chunk of every season too. Maybe give it a month and see where Stone is at then make the determination.

Because to me the question isn't Schlemko or Klesla, it's is the Coyotes D good enough without both of them. If the answer is yes you can make the trade, I'm just not convinced of that yet. Because I do not trust this forward crop to maintain it's current level of scoring at all, even boosted by a player from a trade.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad