Minnesota Wild General Discussion XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Addison looks much more polished than he has in previous call ups. Not ideal having him and Spurgeon as your Top 4 RHD but if Addison keeps playing like this, I think Dumba is going to have to be moved

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Addison looks much more polished than he has in previous call ups. Not ideal having him and Spurgeon as your Top 4 RHD but if Addison keeps playing like this, I think Dumba is going to have to be moved
I appreciate your optimism, but I'd need a lot more evidence before I'd move Dumba. There was a stretch of games there where he held the defense together with Brodin and Spurgeon injured. I have my doubts about Addison being able to do the same.

Reactions: 57special

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I appreciate your optimism, but I'd need a lot more evidence before I'd move Dumba. There was a stretch of games there where he held the defense together with Brodin and Spurgeon injured. I have my doubts about Addison being able to do the same.

To be clear, I think this is at the draft. If we play it right, I think we have a chance to be an elite team for a long time when Wallstedt & Rossi are factors and all those young blueliners are competing for minutes. Right now, I don’t see us elevating past Colorado, Florida, Carolina etc.

I think the best way to do that is continue to load up the system with prospects and picks. The FO has shown they can develop talent and identify it in the draft

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
you mean with rossi being in iowa still, and beckman also being in iowa after a great training camp?

Boldy earned his spot. The others havent IMO.
Gonna agree with you on this one. Boldy forced the issue by being excellent in all facets and moments of the game. The others have been ok, at one moment really good and at others very flawed. Addison has gotten better as the year has progressed, so maybe he's close to forcing the issue, but I haven't seen him be a no-brainer yet (unless we want him to play 3rd pairing all year). That said, I think he has earned more chances.

I meant more that the FO doesn't seem to just thrust people into positions.

Gonna agree with this too. It's refreshing to see the FO act like that.

Reactions: GuerinUp

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm lost here.... Talbot loses two in a row... Kahkonen gets the win, Then they go back to talbot tonight?

What does Kahkonen need to do to get more starts?

With the heavy schedule, both goalies need to play.

I'm encouraged it's shaping up that hrs giving Talbot the "easy" games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad