Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
You don't think that Fenton hasn't already talked to other GMs about these guys and possible offers?
Of course he has and I'm sure that he could trade all of them if he had no standards. Granlund for Lucic and a 3rd, Brodin for Ceci. No problem.

Trading them all at once for anything that makes the trades worthwhile? That's obviously a lot harder. You figure he'd want at least a 1st for each of them, but find me the last trade deadline that saw 5 1sts getting traded.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Of course he has and I'm sure that he could trade all of them if he had no standards. Granlund for Lucic and a 3rd, Brodin for Ceci. No problem.

Trading them all at once for anything that makes the trades worthwhile? That's obviously a lot harder. You figure he'd want at least a 1st for each of them, but find me the last trade deadline that saw 5 1sts getting traded.

i could see granlund going in the summer and just keeping spurg n brodin. coyle zucker staal being shopped for this TDL.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
If we're having hard times beating teams like Philly, Detroit and Anaheim right now, take a look at the slaughterhouse that is our March schedule. Anything is possible. Except winning, probably.
Yep, that's a "change the channel halfway through the first period of each game" schedule.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So, how low do you think we can go? Bottom 5 in the league?

Not that low. Probably at best top 10, at worst top 15. We got to lose 6 more games than Ottawa to get the first overall pick, and 4 more games than LA, Anaheim, Detroit and New Jersey.

Anaheim has lost 7 in a row and pretty badly. They've been outscored: 37 to 8.

LA has picked up recently having won 3 in a row, but who knows. They seem very uneven right now.

Ottawa has won 2 games, but in between has lost 6.

Detroit lost three before winning against Nashville.

New Jersey has lost 4 in their last 5.

Other than LA, these teams don't look like they are going to win any. Who also knows who will be sellers at the deadline as well.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
No chance Koivu is done. He wants that 1000 game mark for sure at this point. He's coming back.

Sure he'll come back next year once he's healthy. But that doesn't mean he'll play after next season is done anyways. And if he does, that it would be the Wild. He'll be a FA and even his brother moved on from his beloved team for one last lap. Fenton owes Koivu nothing and he certainly is making it clear he isn't playing favorites either.

How would Minnesota's franchise have fared if Pierre-Marc Bouchard never got concussed

Honestly, I figured the Wild would have traded him if he were healthy. Figured the only reason they really ever held onto him was no team was offering more than table scraps for a player that could only play half a season, if that.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Not that low. Probably at best top 10, at worst top 15. We got to lose 6 more games than Ottawa to get the first overall pick, and 4 more games than LA, Anaheim, Detroit and New Jersey.

Anaheim has lost 7 in a row and pretty badly. They've been outscored: 37 to 8.

LA has picked up recently having won 3 in a row, but who knows. They seem very uneven right now.

Ottawa has won 2 games, but in between has lost 6.

Detroit lost three before winning against Nashville.

New Jersey has lost 4 in their last 5.

Other than LA, these teams don't look like they are going to win any. Who also knows who will be sellers at the deadline as well.

Who do most of those teams even have for players to really sell? Either they are horrible cap hit contracts for long-term years or their best players are not going to be traded anyway. If the Wild were to trade Staal, Zucker, Granlund, Dubnyk, Brodin, and Spurgeon -- they could full on look horrible compared to those other teams.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Who do most of those teams even have for players to really sell?

Duchene, Stone and Dzingle for Ottawa. Jeff Carter has been rumored on the trade block. Injuries have decimated the Ducks (their leading goal scorer only has 13 goals!) and they just look bad. Detroit and New Jersey are young (New Jersey already traded Boyle, so they are on the tank train early). Though Detroit could look at trading Vanek, Nyquist, Kronwall, or Howard.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I hope they are betting on a Frk waiver claim and not just going to play Hunt at wing...

Goose312

May 15, 2015

I hope they are betting on a Frk waiver claim and not just going to play Hunt at wing...

Aren't they at 23 rostered? 18 healthy skaters, 2 goalies, 3 injuries not on IR.

Edit: NVM Aberg is on IR so they do have a roster spot to call someone up or claim Frk.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Aren't they at 23 rostered? 18 healthy skaters, 2 goalies, 3 injuries not on IR.

They added Koivu to IR yesterday or the day before so there is an open roster spot. Dumba has been there since Jan 3rd, and Aberg since Feb 3rd.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They added Koivu to IR yesterday or the day before so there is an open roster spot. Dumba has been there since Jan 3rd, and Aberg since Feb 3rd.

Edit: I guess I hit reply before your edit.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Save money ...... Save money .......Save money
I've stated this before and I'll state it again

GMPF Great for Ownership and Horrible for players

IMO No chance Wild land any UFA's as long as he's the GM

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Save money ...... Save money .......Save money
I've stated this before and I'll state it again

GMPF Great for Ownership and Horrible for players

IMO No chance Wild land any UFA's as long as he's the GM

There are reasons to criticize Fenton's performance thus far. I don't see how this is one of them. There's no basis for this.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If he calls a player up ( accept for Brown he's on 1 way deal ) doesn't he have to pay him NHL money or does he play for free ?

Does that make sense ?????
It's not Fenton's money. If he's doing things just to save money? Then it's because he's been told to do so, And with Leipold's history, there's zero reason to believe that would be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad