Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I wouldn't be shocked if this roster looks different by the end of the season. Something has to give. When players need to be shaken and woken up after just TWO games into the season, there is a big problem. This group just looks like they've taken us as far as they can go. They should be more enthused for the start of the season. There's no jump or spark.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Wow, you guys made it 2 whole games into the season before talking about the impending doom of the franchise. What a f***ing joke.

Reactions: Goose312

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wow, you guys made it 2 whole games into the season before talking about the impending doom of the franchise. What a ****ing joke.
Chill, man! Hell, I don't have any expectations for this year. I'm just saying that when some guys are already being a bit lazy and the team comes out slow after just two games, it can be a concern. Never said the team was doomed for eternity. Good grief.

Don't take it so damn personal.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Maybe lazy was the wrong word. Sloppy and slow. The coach himself noted how they've come out standing still.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They should send someone down to Iowa* to bring back some water for the NHL team, maybe that'll be the kick-start they need. :sarcasm:

*They baby Wild are 2-0-0 and have outscored their opponents 12-2.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
they don't look older & slower to you? not even zucker looks fast. explain to me how other teams look ready to play but we don't? please explain 2 games in a row only 13 shots after 2 periods?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
they don't look older & slower to you? not even zucker looks fast. explain to me how other teams look ready to play but we don't? please explain 2 games in a row only 13 shots after 2 periods?
Eh... Carolina and NYI are on top of the Metro while Pittsburgh's near the bottom. Buffalo's tied with Boston for the top of the Atlantic. Chicago's leading the Central, followed closely by Dallas and Colorado, while we and St Louis haven't won a game yet. San Jose have celebrated trading for Karlsson by starting 1-2-0, including losing 4-0 to the Tavares-less Islanders last night.

The Wild haven't looked good and the shot totals are ugly, but it's been 2 games against notoriously quick teams. If they keep this up through 5 or 10 games it'll be cause for concern.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
It's a message board....we can have opinions every two minutes if we want too. I thought that's what this is for. I would share my awful opinions with friends and family but they could give two shits about the Wild....so I do it here. Not sure anyone said anything about impending doom but if you think they are trending in a good direction then I guess we disagree.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's a message board....we can have opinions every two minutes if we want too. I thought that's what this is for. I would share my awful opinions with friends and family but they could give two ****s about the Wild....so I do it here. Not sure anyone said anything about impending doom but if you think they are trending in a good direction then I guess we disagree.
I think the disagreement is about what sort of trend 2 data points gives you.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
So we lost basically a 2-1 divisional road game and a 2-1 skills comp home game while scoring first both times, but being pretty handily outshot both times.

Yeah, I'm going wait until 8 or 10 games before jumping in any direction.

Pffft, if you wait that long you won't even have the cool explosion from the team blowing up behind you to make your jump look all cool. You'll just be jumping in front of a beach of cold ashes. Be sure to kick your feet up behind you and make a little heart with your hands, so the replacement Wild team has something to break.

I'll just go ahead right now and pre-congratulate Dumba and Zombees on putting up 42 goals apiece on the Bizarro Universe Unexploded Wild team, the only sane expectation one could have for them. Hell of an accomplishment to pull off on a winless team.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
As I was scouting the Iowa Wild (looking at stats...) I noticed that our youngens have been producing for the first two games thanks to a poster above. Shaw with 3 points, Belpedio with 2, and Sokolov with 2. Wondering if anyone has been able to watch any of the first two games, and if they have any thoughts? Thanks.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
As I was scouting the Iowa Wild (looking at stats...) I noticed that our youngens have been producing for the first two games thanks to a poster above. Shaw with 3 points, Belpedio with 2, and Sokolov with 2. Wondering if anyone has been able to watch any of the first two games, and if they have any thoughts? Thanks.

I'm going to see them in Rockford on Nov 3rd (free hat night). Not that it helps your question. :laugh:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
OK, this is crazy, from the latest Russo article on The Athletic:

Miracle worker, hockey whisperer? You be the judge, but Zach Parise and Ryan Suter swear by him

Neil Sheehy — player agent, weight-loss clinic owner and now a … neuromuscular therapist?

“It’s crazy. I’m telling you, it’s nuts,” Suter told The Athletic Thursday night. “Neil fixed me. I was worried. I could barely walk this week.”

Unsolicitedly, after playing so well Thursday night, Suter credited Sheehy in his postgame press scrum and on Fox Sports North.

---

“I don’t know what he does, but all I know is my body doesn’t hurt and I feel like I’m freaking 22,” Parise told The Athletic after assisting on both Suter’s tying goal and Zucker’s winning goal.

Parise added with a big smile, “Honestly, I’m not sure what Neil’s doing. But it’s amazing and it’s working.”

---

Suter told The Athletic after Thursday’s game that so far it has been a revelation.

“I don’t know what it is. I think he just gets your muscles going, but I’m not kidding you, I was worried after the first two games,” said Suter. “I’d wake up in the morning, and it would be hard for me to get moving the first 15 or 20 minutes. I saw him a couple days ago and I saw him again (Wednesday) and now I’m a believer. It’s pretty impressive. Honestly there’s something there.”

When anyone mentions "holistic" or "alternative" medicine, I run to the hills. But whatever he's doing, it's clearly helping Parise and Suter. This also reveals that Suter really was struggling in the first two games and had severe pains and a limp, like some posters here mentioned.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Miracle worker, hockey whisperer? You be the judge, but Zach Parise and Ryan Suter swear by him

When anyone mentions "holistic" or "alternative" medicine, I run to the hills. But whatever he's doing, it's clearly helping Parise and Suter. This also reveals that Suter really was struggling in the first two games and had severe pains and a limp, like some posters here mentioned.
Finally we know the missing ingredient on this team: reiki.

Reactions: FVM

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017

grifftonic.jpg

First four games.

80ea46cb6b3a44690c0a04f4b31e3fb5.jpg

After 82.

Reactions: 2Pair and FVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad