Minnesota Wild General Discussion Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
There have been rumours Calgary would revisit the zucker deal. Just a question, can the guy play rw or is he only a lw?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
There have been rumours Calgary would revisit the zucker deal. Just a question, can the guy play rw or is he only a lw?
He played RW after this year's trade deadline and was fine.

Are there actual rumors are are Flames fans just in the "what went wrong?" phase of the offseason?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Ugh. I hope any interest is one-sided.

Apparently minny is more interesting in revisiting it than Calgary. Idk about adding a first, but if he can play rw, I think I take the deal as a flames fan. I can see though why some people here are upset though after what happened with nino.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Apparently minny is more interesting in revisiting it than Calgary. Idk about adding a first, but if he can play rw, I think I take the deal as a flames fan. I can see though why some people here are upset though after what happened with nino.
I'm sure Minnesota's interested in moving him but I don't think Calgary has much that I'd want back for him. My hope has been that the market will be quite a bit broader at the draft than it was at the trade deadline. Revisiting whatever deal was in place with the Flames just seems like it'll inevitably be bad.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
At the risk of getting **** on: not really. As great as Marner is I don't see the sense in giving up Dumba and #12 for the opportunity to pay him $10-$11m.
Dont worry I wont try and protest with wild fans on their own boards lol. It's fair not to want to do that deal. If the wild are retooling/rebuilding they should hold onto the 12th pick and dumba is already a great player on a fair contract. Was just looking for some opinions and can see it's not something the wild fanbase would want to do.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You don't want Zucker on the right side

Is he really bad on the right? The other poster said he was fine.

I'm sure Minnesota's interested in moving him but I don't think Calgary has much that I'd want back for him. My hope has been that the market will be quite a bit broader at the draft than it was at the trade deadline. Revisiting whatever deal was in place with the Flames just seems like it'll inevitably be bad.

Makes sense. Rumour is still frolik and a first I believe and that minny has interest in that package (though I’m only going off of what people who watched the podcast said, as I haven’t had time to do so as of yet).

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dont worry I wont try and protest with wild fans on their own boards lol. It's fair not to want to do that deal. If the wild are retooling/rebuilding they should hold onto the 12th pick and dumba is already a great player on a fair contract. Was just looking for some opinions and can see it's not something the wild fanbase would want to do.
I meant **** on by other Wild fans :laugh:

I'm sure there are some around that would be down for it, but trading a RD that I think is likely to lead defensemen in goal scoring for the next few years for an equivalent winger just seems like a poor move. I'm probably more attached to Dumba than some, though.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Makes sense. Rumour is still frolik and a first I believe.
Zucker's greatest asset is his speed. He's at his best catching stretch passes and beating dmen wide. You force him to do that on his backhand if you play him at RW.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Zucker's greatest asset is his speed. He's at his best catching stretch passes and beating dmen wide. You force him to do that on his backhand if you play him at RW.

Guess that makes sense. Hopefully our brass knows what they are doing, because he is better than a 3rd line lwer

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

I'm sure there are some around that would be down for it, but trading a RD that I think is likely to lead defensemen in goal scoring for the next few years for an equivalent winger just seems like a poor move. I'm probably more attached to Dumba than some, though.
That's fair. Dumba is a great player. Would love to see him play with rielly but if the above deal isnt agreeable than dont really see any other assets working in a trade for him from Toronto's POV.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

No, I wouldn’t do Dumba+12 for Marner either. Not in this draft.

Makes sense. Rumour is still frolik and a first I believe and that minny has interest in that package (though I’m only going off of what people who watched the podcast said, as I haven’t had time to do so as of yet).

I don’t like the fact that Fenton appears to think Frolik should have value to us. I’d rather use Zucker to get a higher 1st whether that means trading up for trading him straight across for something in the 16-22 range.

Reactions: Bazeek

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Player for player it's a good deal for the Wild. Taking contracts into consideration, it starts to get worse. Asking for the 12th pick on top of it, makes it a bad idea.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't think it's a horrible deal, but I'd like to see Fenton do better with this. #26 and yet-another-LW just seem like thoroughly redundant pieces.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Player for player it's a good deal for the Wild. Taking contracts into consideration, it starts to get worse. Asking for the 12th pick on top of it, makes it a bad idea.
I agree with that, and it might be different if our prospect pool was in better shape.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would do Dumba and the #12 in a flash. I don't see it happening, though. Marner is a local hero in TOR, and fans would riot if they kept Nylander and Kadri over him, and rightfully so.

Marner is far more valuable than Dumba. Look at what he is done already in the NHL, and at an age when Dumba was nothing.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I would do Dumba and the #12 in a flash. I don't see it happening, though. Marner is a local hero in TOR, and fans would riot if they kept Nylander and Kadri over him, and rightfully so.

Marner is far more valuable than Dumba. Look at what he is done already in the NHL, and at an age when Dumba was nothing.
As valuable as marner is, the leafs havent won Jack squat with him or matthews or any of the other guys. He is my favourite player so trading him would be really hard to watch. But after the Bruins loss and seeing how our team cant overcome their defensive issues thought this type of trade could be looked at if marner wanted 11-12 million. I would also easily trade nylander for dumba straight up but after his disapointing season doubt any wild fans would go with that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad