Minnesota Wild General Discussion Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
It is sort of mind blowing how our powerplay looks so bad so often and yet we're still 14th in the league. I just rewatched last night's game and we were o-fer, granted against the best PK in the league but our zone entries are just terrible and have been for what seems like an eternity.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It is sort of mind blowing how our powerplay looks so bad so often and yet we're still 14th in the league. I just rewatched last night's game and we were o-fer, granted against the best PK in the league but our zone entries are just terrible and have been for what seems like an eternity.
I like Hunt out there on the PP. There's something about Suter's presence that overwhelms, and puts to sleep, our PP. I look forward to the day that Dumba, Spurgeon, and a player like Hunt run the back end of the PP. Would save Suter for 5v5, and PK duty, where he excels.

Reactions: Mancini79

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I like Hunt out there on the PP. There's something about Suter's presence that overwhelms, and puts to sleep, our PP. I look forward to the day that Dumba, Spurgeon, and a player like Hunt run the back end of the PP. Would save Suter for 5v5, and PK duty, where he excels.
the day BB takes suter off the PP is the day my dreams come true. vs the preds you could see how rediculous it was, he was passing back n forth to fiala and aberg and all they did was pressure the half board n left him alone up top because he wont shoot it. he is not a scoring threat....

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Don't get me started on Suter.

I think our bigger issue lately is actually getting set up on the PP. Zone entries and set ups have been atrocious while it seems like everyone else sets up right on us right away.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't get me started on Suter.

I think our bigger issue lately is actually getting set up on the PP. Zone entries and set ups have been atrocious while it seems like everyone else sets up right on us right away.
Well, we traded our best zone entry guy, and Suter is our second best at that. Some say that Fiala is good. We'll see.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well, we traded our best zone entry guy, and Suter is our second best at that. Some say that Fiala is good. We'll see.
He's been ok at times and really not ok at others. Just like his game overall. Needs to find consistency. He's 22 though, so what do you expect....

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Elite defense confirmed.

Bad goalies confirmed.

Evidence that Staal and Zucker are actually playing well.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I love those charts. He really does a good job at illustrating some of the more confusing stats. Something I typically check out on twitter every day.

Reactions: Mancini79

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don't think anyone mentioned it anywhere yet, but JEE is probably out at least a week.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I've been out of town. What happened with Kunin that hurt him? Sounds like he's back tonight. What happened to Ek?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I've been out of town. What happened with Kunin that hurt him? Sounds like he's back tonight. What happened to Ek?

Still a bit hard to tell with Kunin. I haven't read the article after practice yesterday but maybe they go into that. It seemed really bad in Tampa..he could barely skate to the bench without falling over. Seemed to be concussion like symptoms.

Ek, after he got into a bit of a scrum by the goalie early in the game it really seemed as though Burns made it his personal mission to take him out. There was an awkward play at the blue line with Ek getting tripped and falling awkwardly and Burns started hitting him while he was down. The awkward fall appeared to create the lower body injury...but for some reason he came out and played the latter half of the game. Maybe it's something that popped up afterwards.

Reactions: 123TripleDoge

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Hey gang. Jerk coming in peace, working on a trade value project. How would you all rank the Wild players by trade value (the top 5-8 or so)? Think of it this way, pick two guys and say "if I could only have one of these two guys, who would I take?" Start at the bottom and go up the list like that.

Age, contract and performance all count. No-movement clauses and "untouchability" don't.

I'd probably rank your guys like this, but please let me know where I'm wrong and who I forgot. I'm trying to keep this to NHL players, so avoid guys with fewer than 40 games in the league. Thanks!

Jared Spurgeon, 29, $5.188m, 2020
Kevin Fiala, 22, $863k, 2019
Jordan Greenway, 22, $917k, 2020
Ryan Donato, 22, $900k, 2019
Jason Zucker, 27, $5.5m, 2023

Eric Staal, $3.25m, 2021
Devan Dubnyk, $4.33m, 2021
Jonas Brodin, 25, $4.166, 2021
Ryan Suter, 34, $7.538m, 2025
Zach Parise, 34, $7.538m, 2025

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Hey gang. Jerk coming in peace, working on a trade value project. How would you all rank the Wild players by trade value (the top 5-8 or so)? Think of it this way, pick two guys and say "if I could only have one of these two guys, who would I take?" Start at the bottom and go up the list like that.

Age, contract and performance all count. No-movement clauses and "untouchability" don't.

I'd probably rank your guys like this, but please let me know where I'm wrong and who I forgot. I'm trying to keep this to NHL players, so avoid guys with fewer than 40 games in the league. Thanks!

Jared Spurgeon, 29, $5.188m, 2020
Kevin Fiala, 22, $863k, 2019
Jordan Greenway, 22, $917k, 2020
Ryan Donato, 22, $900k, 2019
Jason Zucker, 27, $5.5m, 2023

Eric Staal, $3.25m, 2021
Devan Dubnyk, $4.33m, 2021
Jonas Brodin, 25, $4.166, 2021
Ryan Suter, 34, $7.538m, 2025
Zach Parise, 34, $7.538m, 2025
Dumba is number one in value, and Brodin would be ranked higher. Koivu is probably the best defensive forward in the game, so even off surgery he'd be top 10 in trade value. Luke Kunin and Eriksson Ek would be in over Parise. Zach's been our best forward, but he can't have much trade value with 6 years left.

Sorry, guessing it doesn't help much without an actual list, but I'm lazy. :laugh:

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Dumba is number one in value, and Brodin would be ranked higher. Koivu is probably the best defensive forward in the game, so even off surgery he'd be top 10 in trade value. Luke Kunin and Eriksson Ek would be in over Parise. Zach's been our best forward, but he can't have much trade value with 6 years left.

Sorry, guessing it doesn't help much without an actual list, but I'm lazy. :laugh:

Oops. Forgot to look at your injured list.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well if donato ; fiala ; kunin ; greenway ; & JEE can improve with age we could have a very good team when kaprizov (aka hemi) gets here. too bad i believe we failed miserably on the rask / nino trade & we're stuck with 4 mill cap hit until we buy him out.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
well if donato ; fiala ; kunin ; greenway ; & JEE can improve with age we could have a very good team when kaprizov (aka hemi) gets here. too bad i believe we failed miserably on the rask / nino trade & we're stuck with 4 mill cap hit until we buy him out.
he will be a good 2C-3C for us going forward. once fenton retools some more this offseason you will see some good next season from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad