Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hard to say, but with the increased cap, I would say about 6.5-7M on a long term deal. I can see teams like Utah, Seattle, and maybe SJS outbidding other teams for his services.
I’d offer Rossi(+balancing piece) for Necas(+balancing piece).

It fits the criteria of bigger and more skilled player. The offset for Carolina to do it is the contract and getting slightly younger.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's bigger but Rossi is tougher and more aggressive. Canes also don't want him to play center cause he sucks at it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Necas is right handed too, for those who are concerned about how many left handed players we have. Rossi+Gus for Necas+3rd. Necas signs for $7M AAV.

Kap-Ek-Boldy
Necas(7)-Hartman-Zucc
Ohgren-Khusnutdinov-Heidt
Johansson-Gaudreau-Foligno
Lettieri

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm(1)-Bogosian
Merrill

Wallstedt
Fleury

This a 22 man roster with ~$700k in cap space.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’d offer Rossi(+balancing piece) for Necas(+balancing piece).

It fits the criteria of bigger and more skilled player. The offset for Carolina to do it is the contract and getting slightly younger.

Isn't he a C? Maybe Carolina played him on the wing - but I think he is a C.
Canes didn't think so. His FO% is atrocious for a guy that has been in the league for 5-6 years. Necas has size, but he isn't physical or tough. Nice reach and skating though. For the extra $$ it would cost us, I'd rather stay with Rossi.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Move out Gus’ salary and we can take a run at some long term scoring punch. Would be nice to keep Rossi and still land a Necas, Buchnevich, etc

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Move out Gus’ salary and we can take a run at some long term scoring punch. Would be nice to keep Rossi and still land a Necas, Buchnevich, etc
im torn because it would be great to land a terrific goal scorer however i have really high hopes for yurov and think he could be a similar player to kaprizov more like a 30G scorer rather than 40.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
10th seems about right for JEE. If MN had quality goaltending he'd be right there with Reinhart and Kopitar. His FO% is what's going to keep him from being a top contender for the Selke.

10th is about right. He may have one or two seasons where he gets that Koivu luck going and gets into a Top 3 for results. But I don't ever expect him to win it.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Do we want Kaprizov/Eriksson Ek/Boldy together next year, or do we break them up so that the middle 6 lines don't look so putrid?

I guess it depends on who makes the team and what they look like.

Is Heidt going to stick after his trial? A 2nd line of Zuccarello-Hartman-Ohgren/Heidt doesn't exactly inspire confidence given the rookie status of the RW and prior performance from the LW spot. But maybe one of the rookies surprises us and it is a viable second line.

Are they going to sign a FA winger? That could change the calculus. If it's Patrick Kane, maybe you don't need to break up the top line yet. At the same time, if it's Patrick Kane, you probably want to break the top line up so Kane's playing with one of those top line guys.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I guess it depends on who makes the team and what they look like.

Is Heidt going to stick after his trial? A 2nd line of Zuccarello-Hartman-Ohgren/Heidt doesn't exactly inspire confidence given the rookie status of the RW and prior performance from the LW spot.

Are they going to sign a FA winger? That could change the calculus. If it's Patrick Kane, maybe you don't need to break up the top line yet. At the same time, if it's Patrick Kane, you probably want to break the top line up so Kane's playing with one of those top line guys.
Per capfriendly, I'm seeing a lineup like this:

Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Boldy
Johansson - Rossi - Zuccarello
Foligno - Khusnutinov - Hartman
Ohgren - Gaudreau - Lettieri

Brodin - Faber
Middleton - Spurgeon
Chisholm (RFA) - Bogosian
Merill

Gustavsson
Fleury

With ~$5.9M in cap space. After Chisholm's new contract, probably down to ~$4.9M needing to sign 1 forward pushing Lettieri to the 13th spot.

I'm assuming no Kane/Stamkos/Marchessault-esque signings. Maybe just 1 decent 3rd line player pushing Lettieri out.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Per capfriendly, I'm see a lineup like this:

Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Boldy
Johansson - Rossi - Zuccarello
Foligno - Khusnutinov - Hartman
Ohgren - Gaudreau - Lettieri

Brodin - Faber
Middleton - Spurgeon
Chisholm (RFA) - Bogosian
Merill

Gustavsson
Fleury

With ~$5.9M in cap space. After Chisholm's new contract, probably down to ~$4.9M needing to sign 1 forward pushing Lettieri to the 13th spot.

I'm assuming no Kane/Stamkos/Marchessault-esque signings. Maybe just 1 decent 3rd line player pushing Lettieri out.

Not going to lie, I completely forgot about Rossi because I just assumed he'd be gone

If the conclusion is that we're going to be signing one third line player, I'd personally look for something like this

Kaprizov-Rossi-Hartman
Zuccarello-Ek-Boldy
Foligno-free agent-Ohgren
Johansson-Khusnutdinov-Gaudreau

In my ideal world, Zuccarello is in the bottom six, Hartman is in the middle six, Foligno is a fourth liner, and Johansson and Gaudreau aren't on the team, but we don't have the personnel to swing that yet

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Do we want Kaprizov/Eriksson Ek/Boldy together next year, or do we break them up so that the middle 6 lines don't look so putrid?

I want Kap and Boldy together, they each help each other reach higher and higher potentials than anyone else on this roster. JEE is just such a good fit with his ability to drive possession so well and go to the net front. Getting Kap and Boldy as many clean touches as possible is the goal with that line. The cohesion from their playstyles is more beneficial than splitting them up to get one a second pair matchup IMO. The line itself is good enough to do damage against even top defenders to me.

Our bottom 9 is a complete crap shoot, filled with youth and guys who have had massive performance level swings in the past 3 seasons. I expect significant movement and growing pains from that group throughout the upcoming season. There is actually some decent upside if everything does come together for that group, but there is also a lot of downside, and if they end up breaking even by the end of the year I would consider it a good year for the depth.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I could get down with a Kaprizov-Rossi-Boldy top line too. I know people feel like Yurov is slated for that 1C spot, but in the meantime, why would we not see what we have in Rossi? The guy who was drafted as a high ceiling offensive center should get some extended time between our two best players to see how he handles it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad