Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, i would do it, but in this year's draft i am less thrilled about moving up three spots than i might be in others. After maybe the top 5, the next ten prospects have question marks, and i can't figure out who is who. Will Buium grow? Is Parekh completely useless defensively? Silayev offensively? Lindstrom an injury prone all tools, no toolbox, etc.
I'm in the same boat, in that I have big questions about everyone outside of my personal top 2 or 3. As such, I think I'd only do that trade after the 9th selection has already been made. If someone you want badly is there, do it. Otherwise, why not just keep Gus and hope for a rebound season?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, i would do it, but in this year's draft i am less thrilled about moving up three spots than i might be in others. After maybe the top 5, the next ten prospects have question marks, and i can't figure out who is who. Will Buium grow? Is Parekh completely useless defensively? Silayev offensively? Lindstrom an injury prone all tools, no toolbox, etc.

I like the extra cap space Gus being gone opens up more than the moving up 3 spots. I don't trust the GM to use it wisely, but that is a different topic.

I'm in the same boat, in that I have big questions about everyone outside of my personal top 2 or 3. As such, I think I'd only do that trade after the 9th selection has already been made. If someone you want badly is there, do it. Otherwise, why not just keep Gus and hope for a rebound season?

Didn't he give up enough rebounds this year to cover most of next year too?

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Many Wild dudes confirmed for this year's WC.

Filip Gustavsson
Jesper Wallstedt
Joel Eriksson-Ek
Marcus Johansson
Jonas Brodin
Matt Boldy

I think Russo was totally out of his mind to suggest that Öhgren would play the tournament for Sweden. I mean, why would he? They have so many other NHL players, I don't see where he would fit in.

Rasmus Dahlin and Erik Karlsson is confirmed. Also André Burakovsky and Victor Olofsson.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Many Wild dudes confirmed for this year's WC.

Filip Gustavsson
Jesper Wallstedt
Joel Eriksson-Ek
Marcus Johansson
Jonas Brodin
Matt Boldy

I think Russo was totally out of his mind to suggest that Öhgren would play the tournament for Sweden. I mean, why would he? They have so many other NHL players, I don't see where he would fit in.

Rasmus Dahlin and Erik Karlsson is confirmed. Also André Burakovsky and Victor Olofsson.

Ohgren could play, but it would probably be as a "young gun" placeholder at the start of the tourney. Then he gets replaced when better players are bumped from the NHL Playoffs.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I didn't know Boldy was Swedish
Try to keep up a little. He was so impressed with Ek and MoJo and playing on their line requires him to speak swedish because they refuse to speak english. He took classes and none other than Zuke was his teacher and mentor. As everyone knows, Zuke speaks 12 languages fluently so who else than him, a dude from Norway, could teach Boldy to speak perfect swedish?

One thing lead to another, and now Boldy is a swedish citizen. As he should be. At least half of the population of Minnesota has swedish roots anyway.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Worlds...the correct list of registered Wild players...per IIHF site.

That's impressive...just don't get hurt.

Filip Gustavsson SWE
Jesper Wallstedt SWE
Mats Zuccarello NOR
Joel Eriksson-Ek SWE
Matt Boldy USA
Jonas Brodin SWE
Marco Rossi AUT
Marcus Johansson SWE

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
At least half of the population of Minnesota has swedish roots anyway.

Nope...you mean European roots.
To get it correct. Top 5, as of today, according to the Minnesota Historical Society..

Germany - 940,000
Norway - 810,000
Ireland - 600,000
Sweden - 500,000
Poland - 260,000

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nope...you mean European roots.
To get it correct. Top 5, as of today, according to the Minnesota Historical Society..

Germany - 940,000
Norway - 810,000
Ireland - 600,000
Sweden - 500,000
Poland - 260,000

MN's population is ~5.75m people. I wouldn't have guessed less than 10% of the state was of Swedish decent. Ireland being 3rd surprises me.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It's still a "punishment" for the country, even if it's not much. Players are just collateral damage.
They hate Russians over there.

(Russo story) Last year Kaprizov applied for a tourist visa to Norway, he planned to meet his family there and play in Zucc's charity game. Denied...simply because he's Russian :oops:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Back on topic of the Wild here, what kind of packages would people be willing to part with if one Brady Tkachuk asked for a trade? Locked on Wild had a brief discussion about that today. I’d be all over that.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Back on topic of the Wild here, what kind of packages would people be willing to part with if one Brady Tkachuk asked for a trade? Locked on Wild had a brief discussion about that today. I’d be all over that.

I think those discussions starts with Boldy or Faber. The cap doesn't work with Faber, so that's out. He'd be an upgrade (not by a lot though) on Boldy, but it's more of a lateral move once contract term/money are considered.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
No ketchup brother in Minnesota Wild, pretty please.
I'm so sick of seeing that dumbass skate around with his mouthguard up his nose. Don't care about the amount of goals what's his face produces.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think those discussions starts with Boldy or Faber. The cap doesn't work with Faber, so that's out. He'd be an upgrade (not by a lot though) on Boldy, but it's more of a lateral move once contract term/money are considered.
Not if he asks for a trade they don’t. That’s an extremely unreasonable ask in that instance.
I'm so sick of seeing that dumbass skate around with his mouthguard up his nose. Don't care about the amount of goals what's his face produces.
I wish there was a sad emoji.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wouldn't touch Upchuck Jr. with a 10 foot pole.....well....I might smack him with it.

Reactions: Sweetnut

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if we can't sign yurov then i hope we add tarasenko or kane or bertuzzi (even though i would punch his dad today) cheers lets go wild and make the playoffs next year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've liked Bertuzzi for this team for a while now, I'm just cautious of the contract you give him

Kaprizov-Ek-Boldy
Bertuzzi-Rossi-Hartman
Ohgren-Khusnutdinov-Heidt/Zuccarello
Foligno-Gaudreau-Zuccarello/Johansson

That looks like an actual NHL team

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I've liked Bertuzzi for this team for a while now, I'm just cautious of the contract you give him

Kaprizov-Ek-Boldy
Bertuzzi-Rossi-Hartman
Ohgren-Khusnutdinov-Heidt/Zuccarello
Foligno-Gaudreau-Zuccarello/Johansson

That looks like an actual NHL team
I don't think it can be anything too crazy. 43 points playing next to some combination of Matthews/Nylander/Marner/Tavares? 1-2 years for $4-5M AAV at most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad