Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It was about as bad as it could possibly be when we had Rossi between the L's... that was like sub-4th line levels.

Even worse considering it was so Freddy could be bumped up to the 2nd line.
Yeah, the coach isn't entirely from blame there as he put it together, but the L's shouldn't be on a good NHL roster in the first place. A craftsman shouldn't blame his tools, but... use poor tools, get poor results.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, the coach isn't entirely from blame there as he put it together, but the L's shouldn't be on a good NHL roster in the first place. A craftsman shouldn't blame his tools, but... use poor tools, get poor results.
A lot of blame to go around

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
Kap-yurov-zucc
Boldy-ek-konecny
Olgren-rossi-hartman
Mojo-freddy-foligno
Scramble the lines however you want I think if healthy this team can go through the growing pains throughout the year and make playoffs

Brodin-faber
Spurge-chisholm
Middleton-bogo
Hunt
Very solid defense with youngsters hopefully getting better in the minors

Gus-MAF-wally
Roll with gus if he isn't better early in the season make wally 1b

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kap-yurov-zucc
Boldy-ek-konecny
Olgren-rossi-hartman
Mojo-freddy-foligno
Scramble the lines however you want I think if healthy this team can go through the growing pains throughout the year and make playoffs

Brodin-faber
Spurge-chisholm
Middleton-bogo
Hunt
Very solid defense with youngsters hopefully getting better in the minors

Gus-MAF-wally
Roll with gus if he isn't better early in the season make wally 1b
What did you give up for Konecny, our next two 1st round picks?

north21

May 1, 2014
MN

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
What did you give up for Konecny, our next two 1st round picks?
Not sure what we would need to give up but this year's 1st one of the d prospects and some other picks or prospects should be on the table for trades. I think we need to start turning some assets into for sure talent.
Right as dead cap goes away and we have prime (kap, ek, Brodin) and young talent emerging (Faber boldy rossi) plus the next wave looking good (wally yurov olgren and others) the time should be the next 3 years
I just realized I didn't have marat in that lineup above either

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Posting the Spurgeon update here from the Athletic, sounds like good news on that front:
“My foot would go completely numb during games and just wouldn’t come back for a couple hours,” Spurgeon said. “So, obviously, it’s tough when you’re out there just trying to skate and all that stuff; it got to the point where you’re toe-picking and stuff like that, and it’s very frustrating.

“You want to help the team, but you don’t feel like you’re helping them, either. That was something that once the surgery was done, it went away. My first skate back, there was none of that. It was an awesome feeling.”

Spurgeon said he began skating four weeks ago and is confident he’ll be ready to go for next season.

“Every day, stuff has been a thousand times better than it was before,” Spurgeon said. “I’m very happy about that. Every day is something new. You’re just trying to get your body back to the way it felt before you had that injury. I had the post-op appointments a couple days ago with one of the surgeons, and things went well. So, just progressing as need be.”

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
The thing that the Maple Leafs need to learn from this game (and inevitable 1st round exit) is that they need to trade the Wild their 1st round pick for Gustavsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad