Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Don't let Joel Eriksson Ek hear you say that.

I also believe Mats Zuccarello used to be Mats Zuccarello Aasen, not sure why he dropped the final part of his name.
I looked up his parent's names on Google, thinking that would maybe give the answer, and I found this picture of his dad for my efforts.
glenn aasen.jpg

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Probably a lazy comp but Bransegg-any hard feels like a right handed Ohgren to me. He’s got great compete and can rip it.

Rossi being a good 3C in the league right now makes him a player that provides a high floor as a likely 2nd line center in his prime with upside to be more than that if he gets faster. This is my daily prayer that we don’t trade him simply because he doesn’t play a hard brand of hockey.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Probably a lazy comp but Bransegg-any hard feels like a right handed Ohgren to me. He’s got great compete and can rip it.

Rossi being a good 3C in the league right now makes him a player that provides a high floor as a likely 2nd line center in his prime with upside to be more than that if he gets faster. This is my daily prayer that we don’t trade him simply because he doesn’t play a hard brand of hockey.
I'm all for size and toughness, but at the end of the day it's who gets the most goals in the other guys net. Rossi can be a decent two way #2C who puts up 45-50 pts. on a consistent basis. More if he gets good linemates and PP usage. I'll take that over anything that we have right now except JEE. Only way we trade him is if we get a better young C coming back, and what team is going to do that?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I'm all for size and toughness, but at the end of the day it's who gets the most goals in the other guys net. Rossi can be a decent two way #2C who puts up 45-50 pts. on a consistent basis. More if he gets good linemates and PP usage. I'll take that over anything that we have right now except JEE. Only way we trade him is if we get a better young C coming back, and what team is going to do that?
He’s going to be really good. He takes zero shortcuts and seemed hyper-focused on his defensive responsibilities. He was 2nd on the team in ES scoring for much of the year and was playing on an anemic PP2 with the likes of Gaudreau, Foligno and Mojo.

I think he will be a 60 + point C as soon as next year. He doesn’t have great chemistry with 12 or 97 yet, but people said JEE would never find that and look how that turned out.

Makes zero sense to trade him. Especially when you spent the majority of the year playing him with offensive duds. If you want to maximize his value, you give him PP1 time and more ES strength time with our star wingers

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
I'd happily move into that garagemahall. I've even been playing around with barn quilt ideas for it.

Wild, Wild Alternate (Northstars), and Viking colors.

View attachment 843909
Hate to be a buzzkill, but no Vikings colors please…..grew up listening to my sisters scream “Run Fran Run!”. When you are like 7 years old, you have to root against your sisters. So I’ve never been able to cheer for the Vikes. Throw in some Twins colors and it would probly work!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would be very interested in seeing what other suspensions the league has handed out for similar acts as this one. As far as dirty stuff goes, this was 98% disrespectful to the referee (for doing a shit job frankly), and 2% dangerous to anyone. A fine seems like it would be a more appropriate punishment but I guess they just want to throw the book at him due to him being a "repeat offender".

Video in the article for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Can’t throw a stick without getting suspended. Suspension does not matter though and the ref deserved the public display for incompetence. Fine with this outcome, hope that ref gets talked to behind closed doors as well though (probably a pat on the back and an attaboy since it was the golden boy Knights.)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hate to be a buzzkill, but no Vikings colors please…..grew up listening to my sisters scream “Run Fran Run!”. When you are like 7 years old, you have to root against your sisters. So I’ve never been able to cheer for the Vikes. Throw in some Twins colors and it would probly work!

It was really just a creative exercise to challenge myself for fun.

I used your shed as a backdrop in photoshop and found a lot of things I didn't like about that quilt color scheme. The dark green and purple blended together when it's a small (scene for distance). The forest green doesn't seem to be the same shade as your shed already has, it's too close so it looks "off". The wheat color doesn't look good when compared to the shed siding color.

Same template with North Stars and Twins colors. I'd probably go with a different design, but the colors work on your shed.

MN barn quilt 1.png

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
That’s a lot of shed no matter how you look at it. 72 x 80 with 20 foot sidewalls…..

Parked tractor and planter and 2 semi tractors in there with tons of room to spare

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Doesn't have to hit him to be "at". It was close enough.

No but it does have to be at him to be "at" him. If it's intentionally not at him, it can't be "at" him.

But hey, agree to disagree. A suspension isn't all bad. Should help our tank to not have him around.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That’s a lot of shed no matter how you look at it. 72 x 80 with 20 foot sidewalls…..

Parked tractor and planter and 2 semi tractors in there with tons of room to spare

Give me teenage daughter 20 mins and you'll be wondering where the floor went...

Reactions: Roman Maroni

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Elite tank move by Hartman. Now Kap has to squirt the ref with water in the next game, and Boldy criticize them on camera. Or, flip it around, and have Kap ask "why we get the shit officials."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad