GDT: Minnesota Wild at Montreal Canadiens Oct. 17th 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I really lost a lot of interest in this team now that I know it's going be another miserable season without Dach all for Bobrov to run to the podium and pick a goalie who'll mesh with our "culture".

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Every team has injuries and for us at least, it is just another rebuilding year. It's terrible that Dach got injured but we have games to play and chances will be given to others to see what they can do. Newhook might not be Dach but he is a talented kid who has played center throughout his young career and he might do well, who knows?
It's exactly the way I'm looking at it too bud
Sucks, but we weren't after the cup this year
And if anything
This may Kickstart the need to trade for another top 6 forward with all the ammo we have instead of waiting until next summer
So who knows

Reactions: OldCraig71

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I watch until they're literally unbearable to watch anymore. Last year it happened slowly after Monahan got hurt. The year before it was by like game 20.

The sky hasn't fallen yet. At least this year's edition scores goals at a good clip so far.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hey Couldn't find the GDT, and it seems no one signed up to make one...

Habs lines:
Caufield - Suzuki - RHP
Slaf - Newhook - Anderson
Pearson - Monahan - Gallagher (aka the available for trade line)
Ylonen - Evans - Pezzetta

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Kovacevic
Xhekaj - Harris

Montembeault

Wild Lines:
Forwards
Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello
Johansson-Eriksson Ek
Foligno-Rossi-Gaudreau
Maroon-Dewar-Duhaime

Defensemen
Brodin-Addison
Middleton-Faber
Merrill-Goligoski
Mermis

Goalie
Fleury

Wild will go with 7 D because of Boldy injury - (source for lines sportskeeda)

Will be interesting to see how the team fares post- Kirby Dach injury. Go Habs!!!
Anderson and Newhook were outstanding together in camp. Should been together to start season

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The Wild and Canadiens have played a total of 29 games against each other. The Wild have an overall record of 19-8-1-1 (67.2%) against the Canadiens. Currently the Wild have a 5 game winning streak against the Canadiens. record against the Minnesota Wild?

Anyone know our all timeThe Wild and Canadiens have played a total of 29 games against each other. The Wild have an overall record of 19-8-1-1 (67.2%) against the Canadiens. Currently the Wild have a 5 game winning streak against the Canadiens.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I think they're pretty good, all things considered, especially taking Anderson off of Suzuki's wing
What would you rather see?

Yeah, it's what I told you they would do yesterday :sarcasm::laugh:
Anderson and Slaf have zero fu**ing chemistry. They were pretty much running into each other when they play on the same line. Also I hope they give second PP some more ice time, as bad as most of the cast is on that unit they always end up coming on with like 30 seconds left and having to regroup to even get set up in the o-zone.

:huh: Go look on youtube, there's full game of slaf. He was pretty good with Dvo-Anderson. He was also great in camp with Newhook-Andy.

That line should be great tonight.

With RHP on the first, we should still have 2 lines that are fun to watch

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Reactions: Tyson

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Looking at Moneypuck stats.

Habs are a top 10 in the league defensively at 5v5 (based on chances allowed). That's not what it looks like on the ice...

Also, top 7 in hits given without Pezz in the line-up.

Encouraging, they are middle of the pack for giveaways in the dzone after two games at 5v5. Habs were #1 last year (as in gave the most of them). Habs have been awful at limiting those for like a decade. They are terrible when not at 5v5 thought.

Offensive stats shows the Habs have been a bit lucky, we should probably expect production to drop down. Especially without Dach.

#2 at face-offs. :skeptic:

Good offensively on the PK, but I feel like that's 80% RHP. League average defensively.

If they can clean-up the not EV situations, they might not be that terrible this season. Stats after two games are rather meaningless, but good for comparing with later trends.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Looking at Moneypuck stats.

Habs are a top 10 in the league defensively at 5v5 (based on chances allowed). That's not what it looks like on the ice...

Also, top 7 in hits given without Pezz in the line-up.

Encouraging, they are middle of the pack for giveaways in the dzone after two games at 5v5. Habs were #1 last year (as in gave the most of them). Habs have been awful at limiting those for like a decade. They are terrible when not at 5v5 thought.

Offensive stats shows the Habs have been a bit lucky, we should probably expect production to drop down. Especially without Dach.

#2 at face-offs. :skeptic:

Good offensively on the PK, but I feel like that's 80% RHP. League average defensively.

If they can clean-up the not EV situations, they might not be that terrible this season. Stats after two games are rather meaningless, but good for comparing with later trends.
Monahan won 80-some percent of his draws against Chicago and he took close to 20, that's just nuts.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Anyone know our all timeThe Wild and Canadiens have played a total of 29 games against each other. The Wild have an overall record of 19-8-1-1 (67.2%) against the Canadiens. Currently the Wild have a 5 game winning streak against the Canadiens.
We always get beaten by those clowns even in MTL. What gives? :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad