OT: Minnesota Pro Sports Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
At least you can look forward to a #1 pick. Around here we can all look forward to are draft busting "moral" victories near the end of the year, like how we missed out on RG3.

At least the perfect gif to sum up your franchise isn't
jags.gif

Of course, we also have this:
hennelol2.gif

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I gotta admit that's a good gif.

But what other misery do you guys have besides football? Cause we've got it on three fronts (4 if you consider basketball a professional sport).

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I gotta admit that's a good gif.

But what other misery do you guys have besides football? Cause we've got it on three fronts (4 if you consider basketball a professional sport).

Well, I'm a Jags/Gators/Gophers/Wild/White Sox Fan
Life in general isn't fun.
Jags are all-time terrible right now
Gators are done
Gophers are decent, but aren't going to do much
Wild are Wild
White Sox are bad.
I live a life of sadness and shame.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Gators are done
Wild are Wild
White Sox are bad.

White Sox won in '05, and if you're a Gopher hockey/Gator football fan you have very little to complain about.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Gators are done
Wild are Wild
White Sox are bad.

You've got several Gopher Hockey championships. The White Sox won a series not too terribly long ago. You've seen some wins lately, which is more than most of us can say...at least those of us who don't watch the Gophers. And I do not watch the Gophers.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
White Sox won in '05, and if you're a Gopher hockey/Gator football fan you have very little to complain about.

I did get to enjoy the White Sox win. That was really awesome. I didn't really pick a team for college football though until last year, though. Florida is bad this year and I was more referring to Gopher football. Haven't followed any Gopher hockey yet.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
At least the perfect gif to sum up your franchise isn't
jags.gif

Of course, we also have this:
hennelol2.gif

Only because the interwebs wasn't as big back in '98 so there is no animated gif of Cunningham taking a knee with just under a minute left in the NFC championship vs the Falcons, thus sending the game to OT where the Vikes lost.

Or of Gary Andersen's only miss that entire season just 2 mins or so before that, which would have sealed the game...

The Vikes failures are epic and painful! The Jags don't know what true failure is.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Only because the interwebs wasn't as big back in '98 so there is no animated gif of Cunningham taking a knee with just under a minute left in the NFC championship vs the Falcons, thus sending the game to OT where the Vikes lost.

Or of Gary Andersen's only miss that entire season just 2 mins or so before that, which would have sealed the game...

The Vikes failures are epic and painful! The Jags don't know what true failure is.

Or of Berger practicing place kicking before the end of the first half for what would have been an attempt at a very long field goal with no real chance of return....and then not trying it at all.

That to me was when I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach. There was very little risk. Berger had a HELL of a leg, there's no wind in the dome, and he looked like he was doing good in practice kicks, so why the hell not let him try it? It's not like it was gonna get caught by the Hester of that era and returned if it went short.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

I don't know, finishing 14-2, only losing to the titans, twice, and then losing to the titans again in the AFC championship game is pretty painful.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The Vikings are a joke and will continue to be until they clean house.

And I'm not saying I think Freeman is our answer at QB, but the way they handled his incorporation into the offense is just stupid. He was nowhere near ready to start for this team. It's not his fault he was a huge failure against the Giants, it's the Vikings coaches.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
The Gophers are bowl eligble.

They tried their best to give the game to Nebraska... but Nebraska out-minnesotad us. It was truly impressive.

Phillip Nelson should start next week. Leidner would work better as a mid 2nd quarter bulldozer when defenses are a little less fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad