OT: Minnesota Pro Sports Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Oh yeah, MN represent.

Parise, Oshie, Backes, Big Buff, Stepan, Martin, McDonagh, Faulk. EDIT: Add, Johnson^2, Wheeler, Okposo, Leddy.

Not all of these boys are locks for the roster, though most are. I think Big Buff may be the odd man out and the rest get in, Faulk may also not make it.

Last edited:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Heard we were getting Puig, Kershaw and Kemp. Possibly acquiring Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford so long as the Dodgers retain >half their contracts. Pretty solid deal.

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
gotta admit cassel has looked pretty good so far. but ponder still has more upside I guess...but yeah if he does't grab it this season imo we may well see cassel

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Ponder will not be the starter by Week 3 if Frazier isn't going to let him play and make corrections in game. What a joke of a coach.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Cassel looked very Cassel. Patterson looked very awesome.

9013cae99d1b198e454391cf1d677fca.gif

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
well it's only week 1 of preseason. most starters didn't do more than a couple drives

2 Plays though? Really? For someone who desperately needs to work on his mechanics and in-game decision making? The 2nd pass was an INT. That alone warranted his ass to go back out there for another series at the very least. I'm all for not needing to play the all stars and such, but our QB was the reason we lost to Green Bay during the regular season, which was completely Ponder's fault. And why we lost in the playoffs after Ponder couldn't play and Webb had essentially never played a down the entire season because we were never ahead by enough to allow it.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
this overreacting to a preseason game is hilarious.

Ponder's game last night probably cost us 3 super bowls.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
you did watch him play last year too right? I am not about to jump on a guy because of one preseason game and only two snaps, but he sucks. Matty C would be the only qb to keep this team competitive.

Wonder if Greg Jennings was scoreboard watching the GB/AZ game. He seems to still be in love with his old team. They did brainwash him after all, lol

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

The fact that Ponder only had about 900 more yards PASSING than Peterson had rushing is all I need to base judgement that he needs to make the most out of the games that mean very little to the team. Cassel has already proven himself as a QB in the NFL. Ponder hasn't. For someone that is supposed to be your starting QB, you would want him to go to Frazier and demand to be out there for another series or two.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Ponder has done nothing to earn the 'one series and done' preseason game, even if it was the 1st. He should be playing 1 quarter (or 3-4 series) minimum in all 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad