GDT: Minnesota Mild vs Calg... Springfield Flames

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
The Flames were really not a whole lot better than they were against LA but the Wild just sucked and MacDonald was sharp enough so two points it is. The fourth line especially had a lot of trouble in the D-zone. Sven looked really good and I'm 100% sure he's going to be the difference maker in at least a couple of games this season. Him and Hudler are guys who almost always make good things happen from innocent looking situations unlike some other Flames forwards who just dump it in, fumble the puck or turn it over. Backlund as well, he can't be back soon enough.

That charging by Aliu was pretty disgusting IMO. I know he's here to stir **** up but show a little respect man. All around a pretty good game by him though.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
The Flames were really not a whole lot better than they were against LA but the Wild just sucked and MacDonald was sharp enough so two points it is. The fourth line especially had a lot of trouble in the D-zone. Sven looked really good and I'm 100% sure he's going to be the difference maker in at least a couple of games this season. Him and Hudler are guys who almost always make good things happen from innocent looking situations unlike some other Flames forwards who just dump it in, fumble the puck or turn it over. Backlund as well, he can't be back soon enough.

That charging by Aliu was pretty disgusting IMO. I know he's here to stir **** up but show a little respect man. All around a pretty good game by him though.

Hudler and Sven we're great together and so was the top line.. However, I was not happy with Comeau being on that line. He really lost his scoring touch and I would like nothing more than to have him on the 4th line and PK.. If Cervenka comes back tonight I would like a Baertschi-Cervenka-Hudler line.. I know Cervenka prefers the wing but he's our best option at center.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I disagree Calgary carried most of the play last night, against LA they let LA dictate alot of the game. We had a ton of good scoring chances we just need to start baring them.

Also I didn't think that was charging by Aliu he clearly stopped skating well before the hit, it looked liked his feet were planted when he made contact, and the defensemen turned towards the boards at the last second trying to defend the puck. I thought it was a good hit and was exactly what the time needed. He brought life into the building and the team really started playing better after that hit.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm starting to get really annoyed with Glencross.. He keeps playing like he thinks he's Tanguay or something, trying to dipsydoodle everywhere and force impossible passes. He needs to get back to what he's best at, and that's getting physical and mucking it up in front of the net. No more of this wannabe finesse ********..

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I disagree Calgary carried most of the play last night, against LA they let LA dictate alot of the game. We had a ton of good scoring chances we just need to start baring them.

Also I didn't think that was charging by Aliu he clearly stopped skating well before the hit, it looked liked his feet were planted when he made contact, and the defensemen turned towards the boards at the last second trying to defend the puck. I thought it was a good hit and was exactly what the time needed. He brought life into the building and the team really started playing better after that hit.

I actually like having Aliu in the lineup. Apparently Jackman's become a skill player, so Calgary had no one making life miserable for the lineup.

There are finer points to the game of hockey. Having an agitating PoS in ice makes teams worry about him instead of the actual game. It actually goes a long way to be perfectly honest.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm starting to get really annoyed with Glencross.. He keeps playing like he thinks he's Tanguay or something, trying to dipsydoodle everywhere and force impossible passes. He needs to get back to what he's best at, and that's getting physical and mucking it up in front of the net. No more of this wannabe finesse ********..

I agree he is really a grinder that has found a way to score he needs to get back to that for him and this team to be successful, I think the first step to that is getting him back on the pk. Last year he played over 2 minutes a night on the pk this year he plays less than a minute he was a big reason our pk was in the top 10 last year and I think it is a big reason our pk is now in the bottom 3.

I actually like having Aliu in the lineup. Apparently Jackman's become a skill player, so Calgary had no one making life miserable for the lineup.

There are finer points to the game of hockey. Having an agitating PoS in ice makes teams worry about him instead of the actual game. It actually goes a long way to be perfectly honest.

I agree I didn't want to trade for one as usually they just take Pejorative Slured penalties but I hope Aliu can be different he had a big impact in the game last night even tho he only played 4 minutes.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Hudler and Sven we're great together and so was the top line.. However, I was not happy with Comeau being on that line. He really lost his scoring touch and I would like nothing more than to have him on the 4th line and PK.. If Cervenka comes back tonight I would like a Baertschi-Cervenka-Hudler line.. I know Cervenka prefers the wing but he's our best option at center.

Oh man you're way to nice I would like him in Abbotsford... Even if you put him in the press box I wouldn't like it. I have no idea what happened to him all of a sudden since coming to Calgary he just became a player that just came from a house league or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad